1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The horn upgrade query thread

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by pammuluvcars, May 12, 2011.

1. PranavOne

PranavOne Amatore

Chennai
    I have a question here, In my ex-owned Swift's horn was working fine i.e loud and bold in low RPMs but in high RPM the sound is entirely diff simply said feels very low sound because of what this happend (due to hi Amp in battery)?
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  2. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    You can tune it for optimum performance while revving up. There will be a screw for tuning the horn.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    punto already has two separate horns. one low pitch and other one high pitch. both work independently.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    shams, I think new car comes with a single horn (not sure though, some new owners can confirm).
    But you are right, older cars have duel horn, and I actually like it.
  5. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    Guys is horn covered under warranty? My punto's horn is making weird sounds..
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    one SC told me that horn is not covered in warranty while another one changed it without asking questions
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I got it changed, under warranty, the high pitch horn.
  8. Hi all,
    Is there a way I can get the horn in polo .its a very nice horn I think.its difficult too to get..does anyone know any place where I can get it ?

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Hi all,
    Is there a way I can get the horn in polo .its a very nice horn I think.its difficult too to get..does anyone know any place where I can get it ?
  9. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Read the thread fully man.. most of the guys posted here have changed theirs to skoda type horns.. Anyways, if you want exact same polo horns, you can get it from their spares only... but roots windtone/ bosch symphony(both are actually same) are aftermarket ones which produce almost the same sound of them, but slightly shrill . i got them in mine, i love that sound.. you can get them from any Bosch shop in your city for 550Rs and fix it yourself with a good clamp to hold two of them.
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  10. big thanks

Hi Mr.varunrtr

Thanks for the reply and your suggestions. .As I had mentioned above I am interested in having a POLO horn not the Skoda type. I hope that is not mentioned anywhere in the whole thread :(
    Btw its tough to get POLO horn it seems as its not easily available like the other accessories.If you find anyway please do help me in getting one ..Thanks in advance.