1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The horn upgrade query thread

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by pammuluvcars, May 12, 2011.

1. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    Now i have a question. I searched the forum for a proper section to post this but couldnt find. I have a horn set from our old Contessa which sounds like the Vento,Skoda horns. I like that sound very much. The horn is in very good condition. When I took it to TASS they say that they cant fix it in my car. Number of reasons.... Warranty will be void, no place to fix the horn, no provision ....need to cut wire etc etc.....I really dont understand their logic. I cant even add/fix something of my choice to my car? Please guys help me....anyone fixed a horn or any electrical item to their cars? Mine is a Linea MJD Emo Pack. Have taken 4 years plus extended warranty also. :( I want to fix this horn and if possible one roots horn.... i need advices.....
  2. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    ^^Do not worry, horn can be fixed & there is sufficient space to fit.

Even i have Roots(Skoda type) in my Punto. Did fit the horn myself & no wires was cut.
    There is a socket type of pins(female) for OEM horn. If possible will get the pics of DIY tomorrow.
    1 person likes this.
  3. arulvr

arulvr Amatore

Bangalore
    Sunil, I'm looking for your DIY pics too, appreciate your help !
  4. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi ,

I am also looking for better horns , having more bolder noise [as in skodas , vws etc.] than the present shrill noise ..
    I was shown a variety of horns , so please do clarify the model of the Roots horn to be procured . Range starting from Rs.150 - ....... [though didnt ask abt the expensive one]
    Current rating of the particular Roots horn is ?? The present horn rating is 15Amps .

Do give the DIY pics , since the workshop fellows mentioned about removing the front bumpers to remove the horn ...
  5. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

I have got Hella (Skoda type) for Rs 500/-.
    1 person likes this.
  6. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    @Dilip: Go for Stebel Nautilus if you can find one. But be warned that it won't last more than a year. I have had a couple gone kaput, now waiting to put the third one.
  7. @Fiat-Yamaha
    waiting for pics.pls bring em soon
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Has anyone come across FIAMM Freeway Blasters at any accessory shop?

Gurjinder.
  9. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Horn is always a fancy item in the car... each car sounds different and i did test it in the workshop... i will like to change for a Hella Red Grill...its sharp sounding horn and I love it...but it will need some form of over load protector (relay) without which battery will go dead....
  10. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Yes as per TASS need to remove bumper, but had a tough time removing the upper grill screw(same for FIAT logo) locked to a thin bracket connected to bumper.

Took the pics in the evening & will upload ASAP......busy weekend - marriages/outing....etc sorry guys have to wait