1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Headlight upgrade discussion thread

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by nrohan, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    All HIDS blind the oncoming vehicles. A responsible person should not install them in his car. If one needs HID they should install them in projectors so that light is concentrated and not scattered.

This will help the driver as well as oncoming traffic.
  2. rpm19050

rpm19050

Delhi

i guess you have detailed your install somewhere on the forum? can you link to it? :)
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    FX-R's are built by Morimoto i reckon? Check the badging on the box.

Assuming this is the FXR we are talking about.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  4. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Gurjinder, Morimoto as such is just rebranding of a Projector from china and they dont manufacture anything and they dont manufacture FXR.

I would be really honest with you Gurjinder. Both FXR and Morimoto are China Product, but FXR is much better quality and much better projector than Morimoto. This i am saying with my personal experience as i have used both. I changed Morimoto within 1 week and upgraded to FXR and have been very happy with them. Both FXR and Hella are really in the same league as far as performance goes, else it is individual choice.

If you need more information i can give you contact number for my good friend who is an expert and also the owner of the RetroRides.
  5. vntroy

vntroy

Bhadohi
    I have brought a new Fiat Linea 1.3 Multijet Diesel Emotion as on 01/11/2013.I am planning to upgrade my headlight to HID.Please advice how yours is working.I am planning to go to Philips HID 4200 K H 1 in high beam & H 7 in low beam. Please advise whether fog lamps can also be made HID, you have done so far. I am also having Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 Multijet diesel active 2009 in which I easily installed P8 HID without any problem.Do Linea has any problem in fitting the same, this time I will surely go with Philips HID in all three ie.high beam, low beam & fog lamp.
  6. AshithK

AshithK Novizio

Bangalore
    I want to upgrade both the h1 and h7 into 100watts. Please run me through the entire process. What to buy, where to buy it from in Bangalore etc? And any good auto electrical guy in Bangalore who is an expert in Linea electricals?
  7. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    Hope you've gone through the comments of Italia Linea.
    HID bulbs without projector setup is not recommended at all.
  8. RoadRunner

RoadRunner Novizio

Bangalore
    Hi Guys,
    This is my 1st post on this forum :rolleyes:
    I have been using the HID Projector from TRS since I had Ford Fiesta back in 2008~2010. I took out the same HID Projectors while selling my Fiesta. I am not sure which 'Morimoto' you guys are talking about is from China. I am using the one from TRS is a "Morimoto Mini H1" since 2010, so far it's working flawlessly with accurate focus, beam and illumination. I am using 4300K 35W.

The set is bought from US and couriered to India. Feel free to check this out by yourselves :)
    http://http://www.theretrofitsource...orimoto-mini-stage-3-kit-h1.html#.U42GlVfCYSM

This was fixed in Ford Fiesta by myself in low bean reflector. But in Linea MJD Emotion pack, I did not try to open the Head Light assembly because I heard the sealing is quite different from other Cars (especially from Ford Fiesta). Fiat uses a hard glue which is quite difficult to melt and open the Head Light glass.

I am using the H1 HID bulbs in High beam reflector with Can-Bus harness without any issues for last one and half years now. I don't see any error on MID.

HTH
  9. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    The headlights are not on the CAN network at all. There is no question of MID errors AFAIK unless you fiddle with the tiny parking bulb in the headlight which is on the CAN network.
  10. RoadRunner

RoadRunner Novizio

Bangalore