1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Headlight upgrade discussion thread

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by nrohan, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    From where did you get it changed? You should have clarified these.

What I know, in Punto -
    - The OE H4 bulbs are Osram.
    - The spare bulbs are Philips H4
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Both H1 and H7 will have bluish tinge if it is Night Breaker or NB+.
  3. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    Thanks guys, but I still don't know the replacement bulb brand. Further, seems like someone (staff at the shop) swapped the replacement bulbs. No big issue though because after the bulb change, I have 2 sets of spares (Osram Original line). I got them changed at an accessory shop which belongs to a friend.

The bulbs I have as replacement are Osram H1 and H7, Night Breaker Plus. I actually opened up the bulbs this morning 1) In order to confirm 2) Know how to change the bulbs in an emergency. I have replaced bulbs in Wagon R, Baleno before, this one is just a bit different.
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Changing the bulbs in Linea and Punto is a pain. Especially in the Linea, the space behind the left headlight makes it very difficult work with.

Planning to upgrade just the low beam to 80W as I already have osram silverstar H1 55W for the highbeam.
  5. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    No. Its not that difficult. It is quite easy to replace bulbs for low and high beams. For fog, yes it is diificult job to replace.
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    In linea changing the bulbs is a pain. When i was off to tirupati trip and i had to put the Osram Nightbreaker plus i was damn pissed off while installing the bulbs myself. It took nearly half an hour to get the locking pin on left side headlight fixed properly. The clip is very hard.
  7. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    +100. The clips are so hard which makes it a real pain to put in place after the bulb is replaced. Sometimes opening the clip can also be a pain. But one things, with those clips no question of bulb having even minute movement. It will be in its place firmly.

As always there are 2 sides to each thing.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Anyone running a 100W H1 (low beam) in the Linea? What sort of kit would be needed to run a 90 or 100W low beam.

Cheers.
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    There is a kit available for 90/100 conversion for H1/H7 too. Few people have done it in Chennai. I may need to enquire with Privelege Motomall in Chennai for the type of kit.

BTW, H1 is the High beam and H7 is the low beam in Linea.
    1 person likes this.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Oh bugger. H7 i suppose :)

I'm looking at doing only the low beam and leaving the high beam as-is. Sounds reasonable?