1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Headlight upgrade discussion thread

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by nrohan, Nov 25, 2010.

1. geeash

geeash

Chennai
    have got the philips xtreme power H1 and H7 bulbs for my linea. yet to install it will do it this weekend and post a comparison. the brochure says it gives 80% more luminosity than the stock bulbs and 30% more throw.

had to get it imported from UK as H7 xtreme power is not available in india. it was 2750 rs in cost.

special thanks to bnzjon who got the bulbs for me as well as for himself through his friend
  2. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore

usually hid kits used to have a separate power to the ballast directly from the battery, but those are usually found in H4 type bulbs( saw them when i got for my bike) but the one i got was a direct fitting type. the power that is available throught the stock wiring is sufficient and there wil not be any cutting of wire or anything. there will be a small cutting of the rubber cover behind the assembly to let the fat wire in. but it should be done very carefullly. if the cut is a little bigger than the wire, dust will get into the assembly and the reflector will become very dim.

will soon post the pictures of the ballast....
  3. pradz

pradz

Mysore
    waiting for the pics Jayakrishnakola
  4. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore

sorry pradZ i left my camera at home bfore going to college,
    ill upload them sure by this week
  5. pradz

pradz

Mysore
    thanks bro
  6. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    you would njoy it once u get both the high and low beam bulbs replaced... Am using HID's for more than a yr now... looking for HID's for the Fog lamps now..:)
  7. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    Questions:

T-Jet has H1 and H7 bulbs as stock, so can H4 be fitted?

Which is the best after-market bulb amongst Philips Extreme Vision and Osram Night breaker.
  8. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

No you will have to use only H1 and H7,you cannot use H4.
    Phillips extreme power are better than Osrams.
    1 person likes this.
  9. scottzinne

scottzinne Timido

Gwalior
    hye guys. for stock replacement. I prefer Philips Xtreme Vision. they have very good low beam, very bright & high beam is very strong as well. In H4, low beam is very bright as well light density is also high. As the climate is all rainy/foggy these days, therefore can't tell much about high beam ( i am using it in my Ritz ).
    Today i order H1 & H7 for my Linea. will update you after getting it.
  10. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    Moderators, I am cross-posting my query in this thread as well, as I am seeking an early reply. You may please delete the post if necessary. Thanks.

Guys need quick info on bulbs. I did a bulb upgrade at the car accessories shop yesterday to Osram Night breakers. I did not actually see them changing the bulbs, but the bulbs that have come out are white glass, but they are also Osram (Made in Germany)! The bulbs that are now fixed have bluish glass. I got doubtful, so I opened the low beam bulb myself - but they are Osram (again, made in Germany), but different from the ones taken out. The confounding factor is that I looked at my spare bulbs and they were H1 and H7 when I left them at the shop, but now are both H1!!!! :eek: Both some DELA brand made in PRC (People's republic of China).

My questions (I found some of the answers now on the Internet - posting them in bold as it might be helpful for others as well)

1) What are the stock bulbs that come with Linea T-Jets? H1 Osram Original Line 64150; H7 Osram Original Line 64210

2) What is the brand of the spare bulbs supplied? (still seeking this answer)

3) If anyone has used Osram Night breakers, how does one identify them to be the same just by looking at the bulbs? ( H1 64150 NBP bluish tinge and H7 64210 NBP - all these numbers are inscribed at the bottom of the bulb metal part)

Guys, please shed light on this if you can; this is kind of urgent :confused:. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2012