1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Headlight upgrade discussion thread

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by nrohan, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Let me recheck, might be a misunderstanding from my side, will update later on this.
    I remember seeing 5-6 round dots on screen for increasing brightness, as i presed + the number of selected dots increased.
  2. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    hi guys,

i've just changed my high beam to HID kit,
    there is no wire cutting or any other extra relay, the power supplied to the high beam bulb is sufficient for the HID.
    its a direct fitting.

they are OSRAM H1 6000k HID bulbs.
    the mrp is 10k on the box but i got it for 8k through a person i knew who is a mechanic in one of the auto zones in bangalore.

about the lighting, its really a great improvement over the stock bulbs.
    though i liked the stock bulbs, i prefer the lighting with HID bulbs.
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Update: Indeed it was my mistake, the +/- used in this case was called "Dimmer" this is used to increase or decrease the console light (orange light) that lits the entire dashboard and central console.
  4. jaisha8

jaisha8

Thrissur
    I have fitter Philips Crystal lamps 4300 K, blue bulbs that emits white light. These cost me only Rs.2500. They are only 55 watts but very powerful. Though I always drive in Low beam, the big vehicles dip immediately when we put on high beam. Even I found it very powerful enough for during these rainy season in Kerala. I am attaching some images below
    The Blue lamp.
    img0183eu.jpg
    By jaisha8 at 2010-12-28
    The high beam
    img0082ls.jpg
    By jaisha8 at 2010-12-28

The low beam.
    img0081p.jpg
    By jaisha8 at 2010-12-28

The White light.
    23112009413.jpg
    By jaisha8 at 2010-12-29
  5. HarishSegar

HarishSegar

Mumbai
    they definitely look great. Give us a feedback when you drive in rain. White lights tend to be a bit of a problem in rains / foggy conditions.
  6. jaisha8

jaisha8

Thrissur
    No problem in rains, Harish. I used it in this last monsoon and there are always frequent showers in kerala. I didnt find any difficulty in rains.
  7. pradz

pradz

Mysore

Can u put up some pics of the HID illumination once the image upload prob is solved on TFI? i'm sure u would had to remove the cap.. i heard tht beam scatters alot after the cap is removed, did u experince any such prob? i have upgraded my linea HL bulbs to 80w n hi beam to 100w. brightness is marginally better, though HI beam it makes a lot of difference now
  8. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    Re: Bulb Upgrade for Linea Tjet

using of hid for the high beam is better in my opinion. u get a set of H1 HId WITH A 6000k ballast for 8k from OSRAM.
    as for the city driving, the low beams + fog lamps are more than sufficient.
    with the HIDs highway driving had become a pleasure for me
  9. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    ill upload them sure after the problem is solved.
    i dint find any problem with the cap coz i changed only the highbeam bulbs.
    but soon i have a plan of changing the low beam also, i dont think they'll come in the way.
  10. anish_707

anish_707

Delhi
    i have installed 12000k diamond eye HID kit in my linea 1year back..working grt ...cost was 7k at that time...6months warranty,
    projector HID cost around 9k.they are much better....planning to switch to that