1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Headlight upgrade discussion thread

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by nrohan, Nov 25, 2010.

1. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am more into 50W Hylux Ballast. 35W is less for my eyes now :). but thanks for the links. the landing cost will eventually be a tad over 4.5K + customs if any ( single packages shouldnt get custom by luck )
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 31, 2018 ---
    I have inquired with the Hella Dealer I know in Delhi and he has confirmed that he has H7 to H7 relay of hella. Still awaiting the price information. Last month I sourced 12 Hella Black trumpets from him which have the OEM connector of FIAT for Fiat group. He had only 12 in stock and 14 was the demand. I still have 1 unit left. Cost was 800 with bill and warranty.

2. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3

Is it DUAL H1-H7 relay; specifically designed for dual barrel headlights

3. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    He has that too, but I didnt ask for price. Will check with him. Also, I see that you are in Noida ( NCR ) why dont your join the TFI whatsapp group. PM me your # with name and i shall add you.

4. limraj

limraj Esperto

Trivandrum / Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @metal_heart , @kunwar.g @Abhishek Sharma : thank you for the options and info. Yea, I do not want to go for a risky set up.
    I will keep watching for the H1/H7 dual relay for Linea.

5. Hemanthk

Hemanthk Timido

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi.
    Planning to upgrade the headlight bulbs of my Punto evo wherein I am feeling that the stock light are not enough during night drive, requesting for the suggestion.

6. selwyn.a

selwyn.a Amatore

GA01
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    There are many options to upgrade to, so it depends on how much improvement you want and how much you want to spend on it:
    1. 60/55 watt bulbs like Philips xtreme vision or Osram night breaker/laser : keep stock wattage with brightness and throw being slightly better than stock. No modifications required. Costs around 700/- each bulb.
    2. Higher watt bulbs like 100/90 Philips Essential vision: needs relay installation and minor modification to headlight dust covers. Some people have faced reflectors getting blackened with these kind of bulbs. Bulbs themselves are cheaper than XV or NB.
    3. LED H4 lamps: plenty of options available on ali express, some as cheap as 1k or so. Very bright output possible, but beam formation is not great with these in punto HL reflectors, as the light spreads too much due to the LED chips not being able to precisely mimic the light output of a normal halogen bulb. So your lights will cause glaring to oncoming traffic. No modification needed if the bulb fits inside the dust cover. Some bulbs are bigger than others.
    4. HID bulbs like Osram Xenarc conversion kit : much brighter, but costly (currently around 6k on amazon). not sure about beam formation, probably better to go for projectors. This needs some installation to be done for HID ballasts, similar to relay installation for 100/90.
    5. HID with projector lens: Very good illumination, on the costly side of lighting spectrum. Major modifications needed as the HL needs to be opened up and sealed again properly after installation of projectors. HID bulbs should last much longer than halogens.
    Out of these, I have tried Philips Xtreme vision and LED lamps. Using LEDs currently but not satisfied with them. Only good thing about them is the way they flash like lightning if you want to keep the oncoming auto driver out of your way :D

ghodlur, C_S and dheep_pk like this.
  7. Hemanthk

Hemanthk Timido

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks Mr.Selwyn for your suggestion.

8. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

Don't ever Buy those aliexpress Led bulbs for Punto and it is of no use.
    I have tried couple of lights and this is not even close to the Philips xtreme vision or Osram night breaker.
    My view is in city, LED is sufficient but in highway it is like candle with white light and it is very very bad when there is a high beam in front of you.
    Please refrain from wasting your money,instead go for 90/100 which i am soon planning to do the DIY.

ghodlur likes this.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Thanks buddy for this post. I was seriously looking for LED lamps and planning to get them from AliExpress on their 11/11 sale. The reason for changing the bulbs is purely because I am getting bored with the yellow light, not that the throw is insufficient.

10. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

Still led has long way to cover the halogen bulbs in the reflector setup. May be good in projectors but it is waste of money in reflector and more over the led can't fit in punto light assembly because of the size and dust cover should be modified so this is not worth update