1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Headlight upgrade discussion thread

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by nrohan, Nov 25, 2010.

1. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Upgraded new linea 2015 headlights to hid, but experiencing problem with blue n me after that. Whenever headlight is switched on the media player was turning on automatically. But it was solved by disabling auto-play on feature. But when media player is playing and headlight are switched on it automatically switches to aux or radio. Tried using a relay wiring kit, still the same issue persists. Kindly help to resolve it.
    No issues with stock bulbs.
  2. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Canbus issue, need custom wiring
  3. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Tried swapping the canbus still the issue persists.
  4. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

The culprit is the standard HID wiring you using. You need custom wiring with power boost for both front sides individually. A normal HID relay has difference in voltage on left and right side. This difference is very minimal, but its enough to shake the CANBUS hierarchy of the Linea.
    The following Linea was provided with a custom wiring and its working flawlessly.
    14435135_852797088184986_1650620813954095729_o.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 1, 2016 ---
    Still need help ??
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  5. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Can you guide with what is custom hid wiring and power boost mentioned. I tried installing using a separate relay wiring still the issue was same. The hid kit Osram I'm using already has canbus for individual bulbs. Also Linea doesn't monitor headlight bulbs, only the park lights are monitored.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  6. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

See in Fiat, all electrical wiring is governed by ECM. Try to add any extra bulb on any side of parking or indicator wiring, the whole side will be shut off automatically. Thats because ECM detects over load and shuts the power down. Similarly, a slight drop across any OEM wiring is notified by ECM and though, its not programmed to reply to all of such notification, it does create problems in other things connected to it.

Custom wiring = individual wiring set for both sides, which takes power towards two separate small relays, which equally distribute the current on both sides for your HID. That way the current remains equal and ECM dont goes into any kind of confusion or whatsoever. The issue if not CANBUS related, its all about the added uneven current supply.
    linea4me likes this.