1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Headlight upgrade discussion thread

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by nrohan, Nov 25, 2010.

1. nrohan

nrohan

Pune
    I'm believe this topic would have discussed earlier too, couldn't get specific information.
    Linea headlight are not powerful enough and upgrade is recommended.
    So what's better way to do it?
    Just upgrade to more powerful bulbs? or Upgrade entire headlight ?
    Any issues if just bulbs are changed?

Thanks
    Rohan
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi. It is generally not advisable to upgrade to 100/90 type of bulbs as they require additional relays etc.

The best option is to opt for better 60/55 bulbs. (or whatever the stock rating is).

Have a look at Philips Extreme Power or Osram night breaker. Previous discussions' link here:
    viewtopic.php?f=48&t=1082&start=0&hilit=100/90
  3. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    it is really hard to believe that you find lineas lights not powerful enough. i think they are the best. i have driven fiesta, anhc, cruze, octavia, and their headlights are useless to say the least. just get your lights adjusted to a greater height than they are and just see the results. trust me they are awesome. all my friends love lineas headlight and they do no need any upgrade. just get them adjusted at the SC. tell them to adjust them higher. they can do it by adjusting the knobs behind the headlights.
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    I agree with karan, highbeam of linea is good enough for night driving on highways. Throw of low beam is a little shorter though but highbeam is quite powerful.
    Only way you won't be happy about linea headlights are when you have 90/100 W bulbs in your other cars.
    Try Osram Night Breaker series or Philips Xtreme Vision or Philips Xtreme Power. All these bulbs provide more light and throw and don't need any relay or wiring etc.
  5. If you really want to feel the difference, you should consider an HID upgrade. You may want to visit theretrorides.com for some details on this.
  6. extr3mex

extr3mex Amatore

Cochin
    I think its best if you convert your headlight to projector setup with H.I.D. I believe that would give you the best results.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I fully agree with karan desai and vIjAy_kHaSa. I just returned from 6000+ km mega trip spanning across seven states, did a 3000+ km Bangalore-Goa-Mahabaleshwar-Mumbai-Pune-Bangalore trip in March this year and drove to and fro Chennai thrice in my Linea. All these trips involved a lot of night-driving. I find the headlamps [high beam] adequately powerful. Many trucks and buses, coming in the opposite direction,dipped their high beam after seeing my Linea's high beam. So, I am sticking on with the stock bulbs of headlamps.
  8. HarishSegar

HarishSegar

Mumbai
    The highbeam is excellent but the low beam is a bit short. To give you an example, driving with just low beam, you cant read the boards or road signs. I found this during the highway driving last weekend. Will check if the low beam height can be adjusted a little bit.
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    low beam are short but powerful. even if you upgrade them they will be short as the focus is designed that way.

but high beam are good enough. whenever u are driving at high speeds or on highways to see the boards i suggest you use the high beam.
  10. amit1agrawal

amit1agrawal Amatore

Bangalore
    Bulb Upgrade for Linea Tjet

Hi All,
    I feel the stock bulbs are not that effective. Though its okay in city driving, I felt the lights insufficient for highway driving.
    I am planning to upgrade and have no idea about it. Which one should I go for?