1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Grey annihilator -- My Sublime 90 H

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by cyberdoctorind, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Let's see, now the car behaves normally and is running fine, just as the saying goes for the sake of a nail a battle was lost similarly my 90 has plastics which definitely are bringing the car down. Still not decided on the trip to Pune though
  2. hillram

hillram

Hyderabad
    I dont think its just the plastics,but there seems to be many defects in Puntos that Im hearing.Your Punto another example and you are just another victim.
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  3. My Major issue's are with the plastics :(. The plastics / rubber piping's have brought my car to it's knees. Keeping my fingers crossed
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Hillram, can you elaborate on the 'victimisation' caused by the Puntos. I'm just curious.

Cyber, sad to hear that rubber hose giving way. Have you got it replaced? Any possible reason for its failure?

Gurjinder.
  5. Yup replaced, I wish I know or these foolish folks who replaced them knew. It's just inferior quality used man. It's just not right .. May be either I should call you or you call me i shall explain in further detail.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Details like this should be on the forum.

Being an open forum, your posts will not be censored if you criticize FIAT or xyz. So do tell about the replaced rubber hose and how you feel it is inferior in quality.

Gurjinder
  7. hillram

hillram

Hyderabad
    My cousin had bought a brand new Punto few days back and after a week,the clutch became hard and worsened on the highway.Aircon was jammed and the petrol lid wasnt closing properly.Funniest part was that the monogram on the front grill came off while washing the car !!! What more can i say?
    Fiat needs to move away from Tatas..thats when Im going for my Linea (in blue colour).
    Just today i advised a close friend (who was inclined to buy a Punto),not to go ahead with this,until the quality improves.
    I feel my Uno is lot better !!!!:D
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
    Raaz likes this.
  8. What's your definition of quality? Critical parts failing in the first 3 months of ownership speaks a lot on the product. Irrespective of what people say, the stark truth is the TTF ( time to failure) is very less at-least from my observation. Just that some cars do not have issues does not mean that the cars are put together extremely well. I expect a 8L car to perform what it is designed for. I shall not buy the argument that my car is a laemon. I have come across lot of complaints from owners at-least here in Hyderabad.

I know the posts are not censored but I will want to refrain myself from speaking about the issues in detail as I am charting out a future course.
  9. Check this out. Seeing this from day one and the service center has ordered for the part. Door pads / glasses NOT removed while pasting films. This is what I don't expect of a premium hatch and this is what I mean lack of quality. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1308121082.014065.jpg

Fortunately the glass winds up once it is realigned
  10. How much does the front windshield of the Linea / Punto cost ?