1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Grey annihilator -- My Sublime 90 H

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by cyberdoctorind, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Gurjinder, the A/C gas leakage was due to a faulty 'O' ring which was replaced in warranty and the gas recharged again. Guru's car had a faulty condenser for the same issue and his car's condenser was replaced under warranty. His is a CMZ and mine is a BMZ.

With respect to the clutch, it becoming harder while pressing. No loss of engine power / slipping. Got the clutch bleeding done as well as the spring near the Cluth pedal greased and the output is around 10 %. Today will be getting the clutch kit / cylinder kit replaced under warranty :-(.

Power steering was another issue where the oil leaked out when I was doing in excess of 90 kmph on the highway. Fault attributed to the rupture of the lower pressure hose pipe. Had to fall back on the RSA to transport the car to the nearest TASS.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Strange to hear that they are replacing the entire clutch kit ( Clutch plate , pressure plate etc) along with the slave or master cylinder.

Did you enquire why? Do cross check if only replacing the cylinder or cylinders will do the trick.

That way we can avoid a lot of work ( removing gearbox, drive shafts etc).

Gurjinder.
  3. I know I might sound foolish but it was me who have asked them to change the clutch kit as well as I am paranoid about the pressure plate. I am wary of all the niggles that my car is plagued with at present and don't want repeat visits to TASS taking time out of my work. So all in one go ;-). Shall keep you updated .
  4. maverick

maverick Amatore

@gurjinder: You were mentioning that there are very few Puntos with bad plastics, but this one also is suffering from bad quality plastics. There are many other people in this group complaining about the cheap quality of the plastic parts. Please accept the fact that the plastic parts are worse than many of the so called "economy soapboxes" as you put it.
  5. Folks, the Clutch has been replaced under warranty and the initial driving experience has not been that good. shall wait for a couple of days and then comment if things turn out better or worse. On a different note, there was a punto 90 owner who was complaining about a failed turbo and mind you the car has been driven just 5000 kms and has been manufactured in the month of march. This guy was also complaining about a coolent leak .. Looks like there are some batches which are more prone to failure than the rest. According to my observation linea's arebuilt better than the Punto's and this just a comment based on nothing.
  6. gurjinder

Punjab
    Cyber d, can you list what all was replaced?
  7. Everything man, cylinders / clutch kit / release bearing . Hopefully I get my feather light clutch back.
  8. gurjinder

Punjab
    Still not as soft as new...

I'd suggest wait for a few days. Let the brake oil massage the new (and previously dried up) seals . By most accounts you should notice a gradual difference in the coming days.
  9. wait for 3-4 days. after that we will take a decision. like replace again or do necessary mods.
    also when the clutch is so hard why not try sourcing a heavy duty clutch plus some performance mods for the car..
  10. Ok folks an update. After everything has been changed, the Clutch still is hard. We have measured the force exerted on the pedal is between 11 to 15 KG inconsistent. When tested on the other 90 it's around 10 and for 75 it's between 5 to 8 in one car and 11 in the other. The 90 that we have tested is our probikers car which Hyderabad TFi'ans can vouch for the way it's driven. My Palio 1.9 d betters with 12 KG

The reading on the device
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306582035.589829.jpg
    Raaz likes this.