1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Grey annihilator -- My Sublime 90 H

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by cyberdoctorind, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Thanks Prabhakar and thanks again for your help yesterday.
  2. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Nice to see your Elegant pic!

OT: Do you find 1.4 Fire underpowered? Is it less fun to drive?

3. Arun, depends on how you drive. It's not a scorcher at the signals but post third, it flies.
  4. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Wonderful write up.... Will miss the era of Hyderabad TFI Buddies...
  5. Thanks shanks :). No excuses though for not being able to be in touch once you relocate from Hyderabad.
  6. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Nice to hear your minor "o" ring issue of A/C is solved. A good feature to shut compressor if gas pressure is less.
    Keep FIATing !!
  7. Guys, it was a very nice gesture on the part of Fiat to send 2 engineers (Quality Control and Sales) from Ranjangoan to have a look at my car which has suffered a A/C gas leak a couple of days back. They were very apologitic on the whole incident and have taken notes on all the points that I have collectively come across by going through forums etc. Looks like due to the JV there are some limitations that Fiat has to live with but rest assured there's been a lot of churning which is happening at back ground. A point about the sudden change in the diesel filter price was discussed and there would be some response from fiat to me soon. On a different note, our cars come equipped with SBS (Seat Belt restainment System) and it works behind the scenes. The achillies heal of the Fiat cars at present is the TACO provided plastics which hopefully someone at higher management comes to their senses and bring in some serious QC with TACO or discard this vendor all together. There are discussions on a small car to be postioned below the Punto platform. Nothing concrete as such.
  8. @cyberdoctorind
    great to hear that your problem is solved...
  9. I am back with a brief report of my 90 post 8300 kms run

1. 1700 odd kms A/C failure
    2. 7300 kms power steering failure on the highway had to use the RSA
    3. 8300 Onset of Premature clutch failure. Clutch's slowly becoming hard and my left leg starts paining in about 20 mins after driving the car
    4. Plastics slowly falling off ( air intake pipe comes out of the cowl , rear seat belt cover pries loose etc)

Gives me approx 17 kmpl (city + highway ) keeping my fingers crossed. This car is no where close to the relaibility of the Palio D.
    Raaz likes this.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

How was the AC gas leak resolved? A friend of mine called me yesterday telling that the AC gas in his 1200km run Linea MJD has leaked. Your experience can be beneficial to him.

Does the clutch slip or is it just becoming hard to press?