1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Grande Punto MJD Sports Edition

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by passion@fiat, Mar 9, 2014.

1. passion@fiat

passion@fiat Timido

Faridabad
    Faridabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hello Everyone,

The story starts from August 2013 when my most reliable friend, my car , Ford Ikon 1.3 Flair petrol started to show signs of age. It will complete 7 years in 2 months Time and I was think it can still do an yr more. One fine morning in August, just before the independence day, Frieda, that wat my widely used to call her fell apart, the entire car shaking as as if shez high On spirits. Nevertheless right from the engine to e entire car was vibrating and shaking. I drove somehow till the Riddhi Ford just to find out from the mechanics that the engine block has given up, one of the rockers dislocated from its place...that was it, the shock of my . I was advised to replace the block as there was no other option. Had to give in because Frieda was my only option for commute to office and otherwise. Got my car after a week, total bill was a staggering Rs. 55,000 including labour. Initially I was skeptical on spending that amount for a 7 yr old car but after consulting my family, took the decision. Frieda after her heart transplant was back on road but never like before. I was not getting the same engine punch and response from the India'first Josh machine. This led to a lot of heart burn as both with money spend and not getting the engine performance back. :mad::(

Contemplated for a month and then decided to got for a new car, a sure diesel this time. We don't have any diesel car in the family. All petrol heads - Honda Civic, Swift 1.3 petrol and Frieda. So it was time for me to make this move. It was October'13 when I started evaluating the opens that I have. Finally coming down to i20 and the Italian beauty. I am always in favor of having all the top spec features with safety as a prerogative with good braking ability. Hence the final 2 options that I was evaluating were i20 asta crdi and Pun to 90 HP sports edition. Took multiple test drives but still was in a fix.

The ice breaker was the premium feel of the limited sports edition and its not so common in the mill image. Also I always had More trust on European engineering than Chinese or Korean. Liked everthing about the car and realized all that is discussed in this forum is true - heavy doors, solid build, stability, refined 3rd generation engine and feature rich top end version. Even widely liked it, specially the Ferrari Red side mirrors and top black gloss roof. Did the booking in mid December and took delivery a day before Christmas, 24th Dec'13. This is a August'13 manufactured car so also got a good deal from the , but no freebies though, after even pushing for it.

Its been over 2 months now,Pintu yes that's what we call her done almost 4800kms. I have posted a few pictures. Please bear with the quality.

More on ownership report coming in.
    3 people like this.
  2. passion@fiat

passion@fiat Timido

Faridabad
    Faridabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    IMG_20131224_162312.jpg Attaching a few images taken during delivery. Please excuse the quality of the images as they were taken Lumia:
    Looking at her from left front.jpg Rear View.jpg Side Profile_1.jpg

IMG_20131224_162312.jpg
    3 people like this.
  3. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Welcome to TFI & Congratulations on Punto Sport
    Awesome pics,Happy miles with smiles,enjoy driving with her:p
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  4. passion@fiat

passion@fiat Timido

Faridabad