1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The First Hip Hop Black 90 HP is here !!!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by vj_v1, Jul 29, 2011.

1. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    First of all sorry for the delay in posting guys, Been busy all day since every colleague of mine wants a ride.

Took delivery last night 28th July 2011. The rest of the story is below.

After going through Several posts in numerous forums, and also great feedback from Friends who have driven this beauty, decided that PUnto is going to be my First car. Got in touch with Shiva(Cyberdoctorind) throught TFI and based on his valuable suggestions and guidance decided that it's gonna be 90 HP. But here's the catch, i was very much interested in HH Black but to my surprise, the SA informed that there is no HH Black option in 90 HP. Dissapointed, started looking at other color options, many suggest BNW, but white was not my color. I almost decided that im gonna go for Tuscan wine when Shiva came to the rescue. He informed me that he would try and squeeze out a Black 90HP from Fiat.

It has been a long wait since the date of Booking. I booked it on 9th July 2011 when Shiva advised the dealer (Concorde) to book a HHB color even if they do not see it available on their list.

As days passed, i was waiting and waiting without any clue on whether i would get a black one at all, the dealer had no idea as well. I desperately used to bug Shiva each and everyday on the phone, Im sure he might have felt like boxing me on my face :boxer. He calmly used to tell me "Hold on, Sabrr ka phal Meeta hota hai" :p :cool:

Like every other day, I called up Shiva on 21st July i think and to my surprise he informed me that the dealer should see a HH Black 90 HP on their listing now. I immediately called up the dealer and he informed me that he already saw one HHB 90 HP showing up in their inventory and booked it immediately and was waiting for it to get billed. I was happily driving back home on my Bike that day and it started to rain heavily (I was missing my car for sure at this time). Found some shelter under a Bus station and then comes the call from the dealer that the 90 HP HHB has been billed and should arrive in Hyderabad in abt 8- 10 days.

I was elated and asked him if he had the VIN number, he said that he already left the office and would provide the VIN the next morning. I decided i would go to the Showroom the next morning instead of calling him up. Went there and he gave me the VIN number (*MCA11834D0XXXXXXXGMZ). "GMZ" <<>> July 2011 :D

Met Shiva and informed him that i am all set and that i am expecting the Car to be delivered shortly. The dealer himself was surprised when a HH black 90 HP showed up coz he was pretty sure i wouldn't get one.

On 27th Morning the dealer called and informed that the Car has arrived at the stock yard and i can go take a look. Called Shiva immediately and requested him to Sqeeze out an hour from his tight schedule since he was going overseas the next night. He informed that he would need a couple of hrs to show up. I initially told him that i would wait until he is free but could not hold on to myself. Called a friend of mine and asked him to come immediately to the stock yard, meanwhile i grabbed a printout of the PDI checklist and headed towards the stock yard. Called up Shiva and informed him that i'll go take a look, he agreed and promised he would come there shortly.

Reached the yard and while my friend was filling the visitor entry register at the security, i was frantically looking for a Black Punto among a few 100 cars in the yard, All i could see was a bunch of Indigo's, safari's, Nano's and Indica's. Kept look and there it was standing right in front of me under a concrete roof while all the other TATA's were standing in the slush burning under the hot sun. (I don't think they gave special privileges to my Punto (or Black Panther like Kiran would want to call it - thankss Kiran for the awesome name) but they were already informed that i was going to visit the place and brought it under the shade. Armed with the PDI list i and my friend started checking the car top to bottom, end to end, everything looked perfect. We checked the exterior to the extent that my friend was able to identify a small thin scratch on the bumper (He had microscopic eyes, no human could ever see it with his bare eyes.) We were done with our version of the PDI and were waiting for our Expert (Shiva) to arrive. Hopped out of the car and looked towards the other end of the TATA car dominated stock yard and at a distance saw another HH Black Punto. My friend already started to tease me saying "You thought yours is the only HH Black punto, look there is another already". We started walking towards it and suddently i noticed that it did not have alloy wheels, (aaah, relieved is was). I told him, dude, it is not a 90 HP, go take a look. We went closer and it was a "Active".

The stock yard had like 200 cars, and the walls of the yard were not very high either. Guess what, all the cars standing had their doors unlocked and the keys were right in the car along with all the manuals and the other stuff that comes with the car. We were thinking of thowing a NANO over the wall and take it home. ;) (I was pretty sure the 2 of us could lift it) :lol:. Got into one of the NANO to check out what it had to offer (that was the first time i got into a NANO). The high end version had front power windows and AC, however felt like i was sitting in an autorikshaw. Checked out a few of the Manza's, Aria's and Safari's.

Walked out of the yard to get a Bottle of water and there at a distance we could see a Medium grey Punto heading towards us, It was indeed the Grey Annihilator, Shiva steeped out looked at my HHB 90 and was excited as i was. He got into the car, did some inspection, powered up the horses to hear the sweet music of the MJD. He check a few more things and gave a final thumbs up. Before he left, called up a few TATA and Fiat people and made sure my Corp discount was approved (My company was not listed on the Default TATA). I was more than happy with the unexpected 3k discount which i later spent on the Kagu 3D mats.

Went straight to the dealer and handed him over the cheque, he promised that he would finish off all the paperwork by 6 PM the next day and i could come and collect my Panther.

I and my friend were wondering around in the city looking for a good body cover since i do not have covered parking. We checkout some stuff and later decided that we buy it when the car is with us so that we can get the exact size (Most of the Covers were labelled i 20 and the dealers say " punto ka bhi same size hai saab".

Since we were already in the city and it was 6:30 PM we decided to pay a visit to the dealer and check the status. Went there and found that the car has not arrived from the stock yard yet. (The SA says all the drivers were busy driving NANO's to the showroom since morning and mine was on its way - The NANO were ordered by some company i bulk, now dont ask me what a company would do with a bunch of NANO's) Waited for about 30 min (was getting impatient) and the cars arrived at around 7:15 PM.

As soon as it arrived a guy came running towards it with a bucket of water and a cloth in his hand :eek: . He quickly cleaned the tyres and other the other hand another guy equipped with a hammer and a couple of screwdrivers in his hand was trying to fix the mudflaps onto the car. I decided not to see all this torture to my car and went into the showroom to collect my papers. Some polishing was done on the car, i made sure he used a new sponge to do this stuff.

I was impatiently waiting to drive home my beauty but the SA kept me waiting since the TR number has no come yet :eek: . Finally at around 9 PM, they handed me all the papers and a complimentary diesel voucher (4 lts of diesel) along with my FIAT offer diesel card (6500/- worth). They offered a sweet box and took a Pic while i drove of out of the showroom

Headed to a car accessory store nearby and grabbed the KaGu floor mats and a body cover and headed home. It was 10:30 PM, Called my parents and neighbors out and showed them the car, Went and dropped my friend at his home, came back had dinner and hit the bed.

Woke up at 7:30Am this morning and hurried to the temple for some puja and left for office.

Sorry for the shady photos below taken at the stock yard, I sure took some photos when on the Outer Ring Road this morning but unfortunately forgot to get the Data Cord for my camera. :A:A:A Looked everywhere in the office for a memory card reader but it vain.

I would once again like to Convey my special Thanks to Shiva for his valuable time, guidance and effort in making my HH Black 90 HP Story Successful. :clapping:clapping:clapping:clapping

I'll Surely upload some more from when the car was cleaner as soon as i reach home.

Finally

DSC03388.jpg

And It's 90 HP and it's Hip Hop Black.

DSC03386.jpg

A closer look

DSC03385.jpg

The Horses in the Hood.

DSC03384.jpg

Shiva inspecting the interiors. :)

DSC03393.jpg

More to come shortly.

Please excuse Typo's, Wrote in a hurry.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Excellent start. Keep this updated.

Black color looks so good, and if could maintain properly, it will be head turner for long time to come.
  3. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    vj_v1 22ji....great choice of color and engine too..............

have to work hard to make it shine always...as i struggle to make my ogre shine....

when light falls on the black shininig car @ night..people are like...wooowww...:eek::eek:

IMO black car polished and waxed looks great when its on road at night (in cities)..
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats vj v1, HHB90 looks awesome. I am also planning to get a 90hp badge fixed on my 75hp. :p

BTW, you mean to say that you got a special order for Black color 90hp? Isn't 90hp available in black color?
  5. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3

infact when i had booked mine black punto.i was not getting it easily from dealers across the Punjab.as per them black comes only on special order.seldom demand for this color.black really makes me go insane(if its polished nicely)......:cool::cool:
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  6. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    A few more Pics.

DSC03408.jpg DSC03404.jpg DSC03402.jpg DSC03400.jpg DSC03397.jpg

@ varoon - It was not a special order actually but from what i heard from Shiva, 4-5 90 HP's have been manufactured this Month, not sure about further manufacturing in the future. Shiva might be the right person to comment.:p
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Congrats VJ

Black Punto, that too 90hp looks MEAN. Awesome choice.
  8. TheDrifter

TheDrifter Amatore

Hyderabad
    Vignesh, Congratulations on your First Panther :) I remember we spoke to each other on our meet that will be the name for your Car to be unique of its first time 90hp in HHBr :) though i couldn't wait such long for black and as I already been driven Black Lancer , i thought i'll go for RED this time :) which is my hot favorite.
    Can you confirm what tires you got along with car? I seen mine having Goodyear GD3, which looks Yuk :( so planning to go Upsize to Yoko205/55.Will get them done tomorrow and take delivery of vehicle on Sunday. Let's catchup once pretty soon. PM me your mobile number.
    Wish you Safe & Happy Miles :)
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    black rules :) congrats. do observe the run in period. do a nice paint protection treatment. take utmost care. black color loves swirl marks
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats vj. Welcome to teamfiat and welcome to 90HP club.