1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Dark Knight comes home - Story of my Fiat Linea T-Jet Plus

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by dj.nish, Apr 13, 2012.

1. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Congrats for ur new ride.. and nice write up..
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thread needs some more pics :D
  3. sashank82

This forum is a one-way street.

You get in because you have a new love, a love that is eternal - it deepens with time - through those highway joyrides to city clamour from lovely road-side assistance to lousy service from the smile after each ride to the taunts from your wife - every time you admire this beauty....

She will keep you engaged, interested, surprised, connected and you will discover more of her in the days to come. Only to fall deeper in love - never to come out. You will share all your private moments with us - right here!

And you will agree - this forum is a one way street and FIAT is the drive!

4. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

congrats ...the love of the beauty brings in lots of POETS here ..
  5. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Hey Nishant,
    3 questions:
    1. The Vento you drove was a Petrol or a TDI?
    2. Did the adjustment for your armrest which I suggested work?
    3. Where did you have the sun-film on the windshield (CR70) done and for how much? I am thinking of going for it. I already have SP70 provided by the dealer at the time of purchase on sides and rear.
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  6. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

I know of the arm rest adjustment abk1980. All I was saying that for quick gear changes in the city e.g. Bumper to bumper traffic, its more of a hindrance than comfort. Of course I love the arm rest for highway drives where I don't need to downshift more often. Picture this, with the arm rest down, I can change gear only with my fingers whereas without the arm rest I can grip the whole knob. That's what I meant.
    I drove the Vento Petrol. Remember I wrote in my opening post that diesels were not on my mind only?

For the 3M sunfilm I called the Mumbai Sales Head (Ankush) directly. He directed me to the nearest 3M dealer. A few weeks later I got to know that 3M has also opened their showrooms in Borivali and Andheri. I think it cost me Rs 7250
  7. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Yes, I use my fingers even in the traffic here cause I find ti convenient. I understand your point.
    And thanks for the info regarding 3M.
  8. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

I'm in no way under mining the importance of the MID fuel indicator. It is mis-leading and let me illustrated with a real life example as recent as yesterday.

I got the low fuel warning alert and I immediately switched the display to 'Range'. As expected, it was showing '---'.

That's my first issue - Range should show remaining number of KMs ASAP! For the uninformed, it may become a problem if one does not know how much is the capacity in reserve and/or your car's actual FE. You are bound to get panicky esp. if on the highway and no petrol pump in sight.

Second, after driving for a few kms and attaining a speed of 40+ kmh, the Range starts displaying 67 kms. Fair enough. But then, after a few kms, it goes upto 80 km for a short while and suddenly drops to 50 kms. Now this is something weird. I would have been ok if after 67 it logically reduces to 50 kms and keeps going down thereafter. But the sudden spurt will create a false sense of comfort na?

Thirdly, AFAIK, the reserve capacity is 7 ltrs in Linea. Out of this, 3 ltrs is in 'air-lock' mode so which means that is not available to use at any given time (correct me if I'm wrong here). So does the DTE take into account the 7 ltrs or 4 ltrs while calculating?
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  9. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

Linea 1.4
    My Understanding is the range is calculated as based instant fuel consumption which varied on every second.
    And on a static mode of Car it is calculated as per avg fuel consumption.Thus range value is changed time to time.
  10. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    "It will also rekindle your lost faith in spirituality or whatever you believe in, because T-Jet strengthens the fact that wishes do come true!"

Dear dj.nish,
    Sperb write up,explained almost every thing about the mean-beauty.
    Your above quoted words are worth million dollers, really there is a feeling that God is being very kind to you when you own the "Dream", otherwise generally dreams don't take the practical shape.
    I'm yet to explore my T-jet fully, still only 22Days old, going on Temporary Registration.

Enjoy Life, Fearlessly
    S A SHAH 170420124636.jpg , my "SNOW LEOPARD" searching for jungle of peace..!
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
    1 person likes this.