1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The crackerjack – My New Linea TJet 2014

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Saket Sidana, Oct 22, 2014.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Thats the USP of the jet. Absolute rock steady even at 180. Try that in a City or Verna and chances that the whole car starting to shake as if it caught some cold is for sure.
    mangeshtendulkar and Excelerate like this.
  2. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    Yes @ghodlur, on driving my friend's City...anything above 120 kmph makes feel nervous. Didn't ever got a chance to try hands on Verna.
  3. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @Excelerate, 19.9 would be without AC I believe. I could get a max of 16.4 kmpl with AC on, while driving at 90 kmph.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 14, 2015 ---
    @ghodlur, try Vento Diesel and it's also confidence inspiring at such speeds.
    ghodlur likes this.
  4. Excelerate

Excelerate Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    @Saket Sidana you should visit my thread more often;). It is with AC on set at 24 degrees full auto mode driven at 90KMPH.
  5. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    9500+ kms on the Odo in close to 11 months. Yeah, I know less driving and it doesn't help much when home-office-home distance is just 20 kms a day. I keep finding out excuses to take it on a highway and the Jet does get a look back from me once I park it in office and home. Close to 1 year and still addicted to it. Decision paying off and happy with it. Keeping fingers crossed as is the norm with Fiat. ;)
  6. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    It was lovely weather yesterday in NCR, rocked the TJet yesterday morning, it was pure bliss! :)
    A Honda City which was acting smart, put to shame. ;) He must be thinking what I had under the hood, steroids or what!
  7. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Born: 29th Sept, 2014 at Odo reading 0 kms.
    4th Sept, 2015: Close to completing a year and reached the 10K milestone. Experience with the jet has been super! Can't say that for FASS but more on that later when I pen down my experience for the second service. Thanks to @kunwar.g for providing suggestions during the service.
    Few pics before and with the milestone follows:

Here's the last hundred in the 4 digit Odometer reading:
    9900 kms

9000Kms.jpg
    The last 4 digit reading: All 9's.

9999Kms.jpg

The 10K milestone. :joyful:
    10000Kms.jpg

Cheers!
  8. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Second Free service update:

Servicing done at Kashyap Fiat, Noida at 10036 Kms as the jet was completing a year. First service was done at Oberoi Fiat, Noida. Didn’t want to take it to Oberoi this time.

Work carried out: I didn't have any complaint in the jet and normal servicing was good enough.
    Engine oil change, front brake pad inspection and cleaning, all lights, fluid levels checked, replacement of fuel, oil, air and pollen filter were carried out. Checked that there's no rust in the underbody.

Expenses: Rs 4372.

Experience: Well, not good.

1. The service advisor as usual was advising to get additional work carried out like lubrication on door handles, bonnet latches, boot, etc, adding shampoo to the water tank for cleaning windscreen at a whopping INR 450. Politely said no.

2. Later, he suggested anti rust coating and I rejected that as current cars are good enough on this front from the factory itself. Read about this on a lot of blogs, etc. Decided against it.

3. While the servicing was going on, there were multiple requests to me by the advisor that "Sir, let's go and roam outside." They generally don't want a customer to be with the car so that they could do whatever they want. That didn’t happen and I had to firmly told him not to ask again. I had also made this clear before taking the appointment with them that I would be beside the car and if they don't want to allow it, I would not bring the car to them. This was accepted by them.

Billing Time: Brake pad inspection/cleaning was mentioned in the bill when they didn't even take out the wheels to inspect or clean it. I raised the issue politely but they said it was carried out. I countered them by saying that I was standing with the car all through the duration and it wasn't done. This was then verified with the mechanic. They corrected that by doing the work and also took out the charges of ~ Rs 470 for this.

In the end, it wasn't a good experience due to brake pad episode and #3 above and probably, is the case with other car companies too. Something really needs to happen here and manufacturers would need to enforce certain checks/guidelines.

The drive after the service: TJet seems to appear much more refined and butter smooth after the service. I'm not sure if this was due to the engine oil, filter replacement, etc or bent of mind that the service has happened and hence, it’s smooth. Not sure about it but nothing to complain here actually. :) After the service, I did watch out for any warning lights in MID for the past couple of days and there's no issue. Also, checked the fluid levels myself a day after the service to ensure there are no leakages introduced/happened. All in all, TJet is behaving well and I'm loving it.

About to complete a year with it on 28th September and planning for a highway trip on NH1 on 18-19 Sept. Let's see if the trip works out and will post the experience accordingly.
  9. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Good to know that alls well @Saket Sidana ! All the best for trip and do post some pics of travel.
    Saket Sidana likes this.
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    The factory provided anti rust under body coating is not a true provision of anti rust application. It may last maybe 1 year or so. it is better that you for an underbody coating from reputed providers for that extra peace of mind. Even I had decided in the first year for my punto not to go for the application but when I got the inspection done and could see some chippings of the factory provided coating, decided to get it done from 3M.

Regarding your workshop experience, please highlight the same to Fiat about the unscrupulous ways of additional billing practices being followed. Atleast someone else benefits from your complaint.