1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The crackerjack – My New Linea TJet 2014

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Saket Sidana, Oct 22, 2014.

1. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Good to hear that @Saket Sidana !!
    more so because it got fixed in one visit itself:smug:
  2. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Yeah, lucky that it got sorted out in first visit. I do have my doubts on their abilities but haven't faced the problem again till now. It's solved.

Mileage update in summer: First summer for the TJet and it's not doing bad at all. I am getting around 10.5 kmpl with AC at around 80% of the times. The AC is pretty chilling and I being prone to getting cold/sneezy, I need to shut it down in between. This is mostly home-office-home route from Indirapuram to Noida. I generally start early around 8:30 AM in the morning and start at 5:30 PM from office in the evening. So, traffic is not much and it helps a bit. However, the route doesn't give much leeway to get good mileage due to its nature, lots of turns and as usual erratic Noida traffic, so it's like back to square one with respect to the timings.
    I have been to Delhi twice or thrice during May which involved a good stretch and I got 12 kmpl consistently during those drives, with AC. Had my office been on the expressway, I think I would have easily attained 11 kmpl due to good roads and less obstructions. In a nutshell, I am pretty much satisfied [read: happy] to be getting around 10.5 overall.
    Note:
    1. I didn't have the trip meter ON for the full month and had reset it in between to check mileage for office-home and home to Delhi drives. I have provided data to the best of my knowledge and was keeping a note of kmpl readings before resetting.
    2. I did notice that mileage takes a good drop if AC is on, but that's holds for every other car too.
    3. Before everyone thinks that I'm a lucky guy [;)] to leave office at 5:30 PM, please note that work continues till fag end of the day till around 10 PM almost on a daily basis with a break of an hour or so and of course in relaxed mode being at home. So, don't consider yourselves as unlucky as I'm sure everyone would be slogging alike. However, a drive in TJet makes you forget all the tiredness and you look forward to get inside the car and put it to duty.

Another highway run planned on 19th June to Kasauli and I would post my experience. This would be my first drive to a hilly station and I got pretty good tips from fellow TFI-North India whatsapp group. Thanks to them. Little nervous though.
  3. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    I should have also mentioned that I idle the TJet for more than 30-40 seconds after every drive without any exception at all. So that also reduces the FE over time.
    Excelerate likes this.
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    I always idled it for 1-1.5 mts during my recent trip! :)
    For city i do for 30 odd secs and highway drive min 1 mt is must.
  5. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Right on the button, mate. I follow the same and idle for a minute or more on a highway drive. Also when I have a little dashy drive in the city, I idle for a minute.
    pabhishek likes this.
  6. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    My Santro reached a milestone. Completed 50K kms, ownership since September 2010. Since I got my TJet, it's has become my wife's car. This Hyundai continues to be pretty smooth and effortless to drive! Totally niggle free for the full duration which is appreciable. Can't say the same for the 9 month old Linea, though it had minor niggles only and nothing troublesome at all. If Fiat gets their act together and provide niggle free experiences, it would be a boon.
    Already thinking of getting another Fiat as a replacement for Santro in next year if experience with TJet continues fine till then. From the current cars available, choice would be a petrol car: white or red Evo 1.2 Dynamic most likely due to inherent safe/strong build quality[top reason even though it would be used for city drives only], great looks else grand i10 due to ease of driving.
    pabhishek likes this.
  7. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    My first ever drive to a hill station. Plan was to go to Kasauli which got extended to Shimla as there wasn’t much to spend 3 days around Kasauli and whose was to complain either. Loved every bit of the journey and amazing drive!!!

Here’s what transpired:

1. Day 1: Noida/Indirapuram to the hotel in Dharampur, then to Kasauli and back to Dharampur.

2. Day 2: Dharampur to Shimla and back.

3. Day 3: Back to Noida from Dharampur.

Route taken: NH1 till Ambala, turn towards Chandigarh, then towards Shimla highway via Timber Trail. Pretty decent roads all throughout.

Total distance covered: 783.9 kms.

FE figure for the trip: 14.9 kmpl. Here are the pics for Distance covered and FE:
    Distance.jpg OverallFE.jpg

Driving Style: Maximum speed restricted till 90 km/hr as kids were travelling along with. AC was on for full duration except while going to Shimla as weather was very nice. During hilly area, speed was restricted between 40-60 km/hr. There were some straight stretches which allowed reaching till 60.

Maximum mileage reached was 16.4 kmpl on Day 1 from Noida till Pinjore, i.e. before the hilly terrain. Here’s the pic:
    MaxMileage.jpg

1. TJet was pretty stable throughout. No issues any time and didn’t feel tired after covering 780 kms in 3 days. It was Fantastic!

2. Car was pretty stable and composed without any harshness in ride through the hilly terrain also.

3. Saw a lot of Punto’s all through the highways. Saw a lesser number of Linea than Punto. Saw a Sunbeam Gold TJet [Delhi registration] on NH1 ahead of me who was being driven more sedately than me and I overtook despite being at 90 km/hr. I did keep myself directly ahead of him so that he could see another TJet badge.

4. Driving around 90 km/hr was pretty relaxing and did not put any burden/stress which is usually there after crossing 90. Once needs to be very very alert after 90 km/hr which puts some stress.

5. My daughter created some videos for the drive at different places. I will upload them later as they need to be edited a bit.

6. She could write to her travel diary while the car being at the speeds I mentioned and commented that it doesn’t look like we are at 90. It’s a testament to the ride quality and stability coming from a kid. Of course, it felt quite good to her and me.

7. Tried cruise control again. Once while being on NH1 towards Ambala and thrice while coming back to Noida on NH1. I was able to let it run at 90 km/hr for 5 kms and then for 7 kms at a stretch. It was pretty useful. On other occasions, cruise got disengaged pretty soon due to braking.

8. Checked left pull issue on NH1 and didn’t feel any such thing. Steering feedback is so direct and upto the mark. It always gives a feeling of total control.

Dislikes:

1. During the hilly drive, thickness of the A pillar really impacted visibility and had to manage it by moving the head/neck around. During normal city/NH1 drive, it doesn’t impact that much.

2. Slight squeaking noise was heard in driver’s seat while negotiating turns in the hilly areas. I have never heard this before this trip. It only came while negotiating turns on the hills and not always. Very faint though and easy ignorable.

3. On pressing the horn which was used liberally during the hilly drive, stereo mode used to get changed from USB to AUX and I think I would get it corrected on second service. I ignored it on the first service. Not a major hassle but didn’t like it.

Overall, feeling very happy and satisfied with the TJet. It’s behaving pretty decently and I hope it continues for a long time to come.

Here are some pics at Kasauli, Dharampur, highway, cruise control.
    TJet1.jpg

TJet3.jpg

TJet4.jpg

TJet2.jpg

TJet6.jpg

TJet5.jpg

TJet7.jpg

And now, what could be better than wrapping up the post by adding few pics of the Fiat 1100 showcased at one of the cafes in Shimla. :happy:
    Fiat1100_1.jpg

Fiat1100_2.jpg

Cheers! And on to the TFI North India meet on 12th July to meet fellow TFIans.
  8. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Good detail there @Saket Sidana and great to know that jet returned almost 15kmpl for the entire despite the hilly terrain and ghats.

Great going!
    Saket Sidana likes this.
  9. Excelerate

Excelerate Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    @Saket Sidana almost 15 is Great!, i have got 19.9 KMPL driving at 90KMPH for in a stretch of roughly around 150 KM from Pune to Thane.
    I tried pushing Linea to limit on this trip top speed achieved 180 KMPH (recommend safe driving noone should be doing it), managed it for about 5 mins, and gradually went to normal after that. This was just to push the car to its limit.Steering feedback at 180, all i can say i felt little nervous. Below 150 there is no issue at all..
    Saket Sidana and abhinav_nani like this.
  10. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    @Excelerate 180kmph is a damn devil speed..as you mentioned clearly and aptly that its not recommended. Last week on my trip to Mumbai had pushed my T-Jet to 160kmph with four adults onboard and moderate luggage. Felt quite comfortable at this speed although didn't pursue to move the needle farther...No wonder my FE at this point saw a dip from 15.7 kmpl to 12.9 kmpl :smuggrin:
    Excelerate likes this.