1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The crackerjack – My New Linea TJet 2014

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Saket Sidana, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks @pabhishek amd @Biraj.
    @Biraj, I had read on our forum somewhere that facelifted Linea has different alignment/balancing parameters than the previous model. Have you got it done through Tyre Dynamics and they have the details for the facelifted model?
  2. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @Biraj, I went to Resham tyres, Indirapuram today for tyre replacement of my Santro. I found them good. I got two tyres replaced and asked for complimentary wheel balancing and alignment, which they happily gave. They have the advanced Hunter machine for balancing/alignment, you may want to try them.
    Biraj likes this.
  3. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Linea recall: I got a call from DRS Fiat two days back asking me to get the wiring changed for TJet. It's a recall for 2014 models. Wiring in cigarette lighter section which can also be used as a mobile charging unit has some fault due to which fuse blows up. I was told this by DRS Fiat. I had written to Fiat India asking for full details on this in writing. Yet to hear back from them. They are calling owners with select chasis numbers to get this problem rectified by replacing the wiring, which is half an hour job. Not sure if it's the case for MJD also but should be probably as wiring would be the same. Request fellow Linea owners to talk to their dealers and see if they are affected and update the forum for everyone's benefit. I will update full details on this once I hear back from Fiat. Recall doesn't appear that worrisome though.

Went to Oberoi Fiat and got it rectified. It's a minor fault and done within 20 odd minutes. They had rectified around 7-8 Lineas yesterday and 7-8 were scheduled for today. Both TJet and Multijet are affected. Fiat hasn't replied to me regarding full details, though the Delphi engineer[company that did the wiring for Linea] suggested there's a polarity issue which is being corrected.
    They opened the fuse box on the extreme right hand side of the dashboard and did some replacement. They also opened the place where cigarette lighter/mobile charging is done and corrected the issue. The car doesn't need to go to the servicing bay and work can be done at any place, of course inside the service center. I didn't look into too many details as I started checking out the Avventura parked there. ;)
    As expected, nothing much to worry, but since it's a wiring issue and fuse may blow up, better that everyone gets it done if they get a call from their dealer.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2015
    Nirav, prabhjot and VIJENDRA SINGH like this.
  4. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Got the first service done for TJet at 4297 Kms yesterday from Oberoi Fiat, Noida. Took a total time of 3 hours flat including some waiting time at washing bay, etc. All fluids, electrical systems, brakes[visual inspection] checked, air filter cleaned, found ok and neither did I have any complaint. Engine oil topped up by 300 ml and bill was Rs 180. I didn't go for replacement of engine oil as Fiat didn't recommend it in the service instructions. Car was fully washed with shampoo/soap and it came out shining like a new one. Enjoying the experience of owning the Jet as first six months have been good and enjoying it to the hilt! Hope the experience continues for times to come.

Service2.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  5. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Crackerjack and me to enjoy a highway drive to Punjab on the coming Saturday. :happy: Would be a short trip to Punjab and back in NCR on Sunday. Those should be good 650 odd kms! Fluid levels already checked last week through the first service.
    PradeepM and VIJENDRA SINGH like this.
  6. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Aren't you finding too much "urgent reasons" for taking out the jet to highway's :D:smuggrin::muted:

What's the excuse this time @Saket Sidana ? :)
    Saket Sidana likes this.
  7. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @pabhishek, you caught me red handed, mate!
    It's TJet to be blamed for this, not me, the poor guy. ;)
    pabhishek likes this.
  8. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Had a blast while driving to Punjab and back. Total of ~650 kms covered, AC on almost full time, FE of 14.2 including some city drive and a jam packed stretch on a road as a result of diversion on highway.
    It was pure joy. Superb braking ability and rock solid stability. AC was pretty effective. Decision to own the TJet against all odds is coming out pretty much fine since past 6 months. There was a stretch when I let the TJet go all out and it put shame to Skoda Laura and i20 Diesel, though with some effort. i20 Diesel appeared to have a pretty peppy engine under the hood.
  9. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Completed 5555 Kms on the TJet today and thought it's time to have High Fives all around with the team here. :cool:

HighFives.jpg
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Saket Sidana

Your mid mileage readout says 13.9 km/l. If that's in East Delhi ncr traffic....an extra high five is in order! :)

cheers