1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The crackerjack – My New Linea TJet 2014

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Saket Sidana, Oct 22, 2014.

1. King CM

King CM Amatore

Bangalore
    Congrats Saket !!
    Welcome to the 2014 Linea Herd. I own a 2014 White Hulk, MJD.
    Done 5K in 3 months and completed 1st Service.
    It is indeed a nice choice over the overpriced brands.

Except for few niggles, I am truly delighted with the Driving Experience of the car due to its ride quality.

- CM
  2. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Totally agree on your overpriced comment.

Slight niggle in my Linea too. I am noticing slight noise from front brakes[sometimes] and only when car comes to a standstill. During normal braking, I don't face this issue. There's some rust seen near discs due to which it may be coming. Getting it checked over the coming weekend. Has anyone else faced this issue and could provide any probable reasons. It would be helpful when I talk to the service person and could provide him some pointers so that he understands that he is talking to a knowledgeable person.

And it's not that Linea is the only car with the niggles here and there. I have read City facing noise issues due to engine belts. Not expected from Honda but this is what they are getting into. Also read about their recall for Amaze, Brio and CR-V over air bag issues.
  3. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    TJet completed over a month with 1600 Kms on the odo and no hassles so far. The grin is getting bigger by the day. :) It has been a delight every time it's taken out. The brake issue is not reproducible easily, comes rarely and not bothersome. Dealer offered to get the car checked at my premises also but I haven't availed it and waiting to see if the issue comes more often.
    I wish to get a parking camera fitted which doesn't void the warranty. Looking forward for suggestions. Thanks in advance!
  4. Ranjeet

Ranjeet Novizio

kanpur
    MP
    Linea 1.4
    congrats saket from a fellow T-jetter. I have done 4000 in 4 months & totally agree with your experience.
  5. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    parking camera is much helpful in everyday routine, many times you need to take reverse, no need to look elsewhere other than the camera output screen.
  6. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Few thoughts after ownership of a little more than two months:

So, just over 2 months passed with the TJet now. 2300 kms done with one highway trip to Punjab which returned excellent mileage figures, approx. 16 kmpl. Highway run was around 670 kms and rest was city drive. Getting an approx. mileage of 12.5-13 kmpl in city driving without AC. I generally drive with a light foot with an occasional burst on expressway. Took it out on Noida expressway. Did half of one way distance on cruise set at 90-95 and it returned impressive mileage of 18 kmpl. Too good to be true, but that’s what the MID showed. MID_18.jpg As of now, no issues faced except a faint noise from front brakes when the car is brought to a standstill. This doesn’t happen always but once/twice a day perhaps. No issues in braking as such and the brakes are confidence inspiring.

1. Great driving dynamics and a planted feel.

2. Confidence inspiring disc brakes.

3. Feature rich and a safe car.

4. At ease with the car’s dimensions now and able to navigate with confidence.

5. Useful features like automatic windows work for 1 minute or so after switching off the ignition. I find it pretty useful. Same for the wipers which do another swipe after a small duration of having done their job to wipe out last remaining water drops.

6. Plants a huge grin when driven on expressways and a smile during city drive.

7. Cruise control is simple to operate and useful.

8. Great interiors. Ambient lighting is just awesome!

9. Comfortable seats and excellent audio system.

10. Happy with the mileage so far. Hope it continues and doesn’t go down with time. On second thoughts, heck if it goes down, it easily gets compensated with the drive. ;)

11. Always feel like taking the car out for a drive!

12. Last but not the least, extremely happy with my decision.

Dislikes:

1. Light color of seats, difficult to maintain.

2. Useless front armrest.

3. Didn’t find glove box to be much accommodating.

4. Spare not an alloy and of different size. How much did Fiat save on this?

Eager on:

1. Next highway trip, most likely in December.

2. Trying out more of Blue and Me features. Haven’t done a great deal on it yet.

3. The North India Fiat Meet.

4. Drive while wearing the TFI Sweatshirt.
    punto_emotion, Ravi, Ranjeet and 2 others like this.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Glad you're loving the Linea and the t-jet experience, as much as my family and I are too. Similar niggle-free experience at my end too.

Have you noticed the utter spate of serious recalls from all the other manufacturers from Ford to Honda to Maruti? And that's only the stuff that makes the news! So much for Italian/European reliability being inferior to the Japs and Koreans?!

My experience with the Palio Stile i had before the t-jet, my Dad's excellent on-going experience with his 2010 Linea 1.4 Fire and our experience with our Punto mjd Active too leave us even more convinced of just how rational and pragmatically sound our somewhat romantic preference for Fiats is and has turned out.

Fiats and FASS are not perfect but i'll be damned if they're not the best all-round cars, at the best all-round 'value' in their respective segments!? :)

Anyway, enjoy, drive the t-jet safe, the Noida expressway is a deathtrap if one is not careful! ;-) The driving up to and beyond Chandigarh on NH1 is terrific though. I hope to, as we do every year in winter, go on a dhaaba-hopping driving holiday on it once the cold hits. And you, any winter long drives planned?
    mchanna likes this.
  8. Ranjeet

Ranjeet Novizio

kanpur
    MP
    Linea 1.4
  9. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Yeah, lot of recalls done by renowned brands like Honda, Toyota. Infact, there are lot of scary things mentioned for the new Honda City on team-bhp. You can search for "Honda City fourth generation niggles". I am not posting the link as I am not sure if it's appropriate to do it here.

Yup, enjoying the TJet a lot and carefully for sure. Not planned anything yet for a winter drive, but can tag along with you if are ok with that.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 8, 2014 ---
    It's without AC.
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    I had the Amico program done by Fiat for my TJet. This is basically a visit by the service advisor from the dealer side to explain and demonstrate features of the car. I was getting calls from the dealer since past two months and every time a weekend was finalized for it. I was told that someone would call me before coming over. Despite multiple calls from their side, this didn’t materialize and I was also not bothered as I had read almost the full manual. I know it’s crazy but that’s true that I read the full manual! Got the call again from dealer the past weekend, I got irritated and told that I have been getting such calls but no one turns up. I told them not to call again and treat this as the last call on this. That’s when, this got finalized. Not a good experience for setting up the appointment but satisfying that it happened.

The service advisor came over and explained all features of the car related to stereo, lights to indicate malfunctioning in car if any, locking mechanism, option to open the petrol lid from boot, headlight adjustment, fog lamps, trip meter settings, Blue and Me, passenger airbag activation, AC, defogger, etc. I was provided details on service schedules and warranty. He also gave some tips to maintain the car. These were:

1. Do not engage reverse gear as the first thing after starting the car. Either let the car warm up for some time or engage first gear. This will avoid the noise that comes while putting the reverse gear. Better option among these is to first engage a forward gear. Reasoning given was that gear boxes are designed to work better in forward gears and reverse gear is kind of drain on gearing system. I can’t vouch if reasoning given is ok but just thought to share it.

2. Got my query answered regarding starting the car while having the clutch pedal pressed. This is the same reason which was discussed in thread http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/run-in-period-for-fiat-engines.1598/page-9. The advisor mentioned it’s better to follow the manual and it helps in lubrication as suggested by @asimpleson also.

3. He showed me the places where engine oil, brake oil, coolant, water for windscreen washing is stored and what are the optimum levels of these fluids. He also checked the fluid levels and showed me THE turbo. :D

I found the visit helpful as I got to know of two features which I wasn’t aware of earlier. These were follow me headlamps [how lame I was that I didn’t know about this], how to use them and Distance to Empty reading. I had some queries for the advisor on some features but he didn’t know about those features itself. So, I guess he also learnt a bit from me which is not bad. I think the whole program took about 1.5 hours and must say that the advisor was very patient. In the end, he clicked my photograph with the car, probably as a proof to show the dealer and Fiat that the Amico program indeed was done for me. He gave me a feedback form to fill and I rated him well on that.
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
    mchanna, asimpleson and prabhjot like this.