1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The crackerjack – My New Linea TJet 2014

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Saket Sidana, Oct 22, 2014.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    It is too small to rest arm/elbow I guess. Already evident from review or launch pics. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't found to be comfortable or usable.
  2. khurshid

khurshid Timido

Tuticorin
    Congrats on owning my dream ride! I was so close to buying a Tjet but everything got fallen off due to some financial reasons. I have been following these ownership reports for around a year and damn I got no words, I just want to own one. Anyhow, Congrats and drive safe. Do post some pics and make everyone super jealous!
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats on your Tjet saket. Proud to see another jet owner here.
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats on getting the Linea home. The Linea petrol outshines thr competition except for the 1.2 TSI and DSG combination of Vento, but that has its own share of reliability concerns.

Do enjoy many more happy miles with the Tjet. Time for some pics of your Linea on this thread.

Note: thread moved to the ownership section.
  5. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Santro to tjet... woah... u started flying directly from walking mode...
    Saket Sidana and mchanna like this.
  6. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Awesome read! Fiats are all like that. Once you start liking it it is very difficult to change your heart and mind together.

Congratulation for your pride ride.
    Saket Sidana likes this.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    I find they've shortened it since the earlier one used to foul with the gear shifts. Usable enough on the highway/open road, but a bit too short otherwise. BUT: it is much wider and so can actually be used by both the driver and front passenger at the same time. Or so i find. Wonder what @Saket thinks?
    ghodlur likes this.
  8. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    Congrats for the Jet. Its a bliss to take Jet on open roads. Believe me even after 6 months of ownership of TJet, i still keep praising about her every time i am behind wheels. Enjoy miles n miles of driving Jet
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    On useless front armrest: It's pretty small and I didn't feel comfortable keeping my elbow also, leave aside it supporting some part of the forearm. And I am a very thin person with ok height, 5ft 8 inches. Here's the pic of the armrest. It may look wide in the pic but I don't think two persons can rest their arms. I can't rest my elbow on it when I am in an odd gear[3rd or 5th], probably due to my height also. Do others feel comfortable?
    Front_armrest.jpg

Yes looks like. I don't enjoy going to shopping. But wife requested today and I obliged willingly as I got to drive around 40 Kms.

@nkishnap: I realized that I posted at an incorrect place. Thanks for your patience and moving it appropriately. Accept my apologies.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 23, 2014 ---
    Here are the pics of my TJet-Emotion, excuse the camera phone and my skills at that.
    Linea_Front1_copy.jpg Linea_Front2.jpg WithSwastik.jpg LeftSideProfile.jpg SkidPlate_DriverSeat.jpg WithSkidPlate_NonDriverSeat.jpg BootCladding.jpg BootCladding_CloseUp.jpg Odometer_16KMPL.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
    mchanna, ghodlur and sudipz like this.
  10. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    I don't think armrest is that bad..for my body structure i am able to operate 3rd and 5th gear resting my elbow on armrest. However i agree that armrest from pre-facelift version was real utility. Best part of current design is there is no obstruction to use of handbrake and accessing storage area beneath handbrake...so there are pros & cons for both designs (older and newer).

All said, excellent looking car @Saket Sidana
    prabhjot likes this.