1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The crackerjack – My New Linea TJet 2014

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Saket Sidana, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @ghodlur, I got a call from FCA today on service feedback and passed on the billing/brake episode details to them. Also asked them not to have Kashyap bother me with further calls.
    @kunwar.g for his information also as he extended a lot of help to me during the servicing. Thanks!
    kunwar.g likes this.
  2. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    One year completed with THE TJet with exactly 11,000 Kms. It has been a great experience so far, faced a couple of minor niggles but not at all bothersome. The 11k coverage pic.
    11k.jpg

Highlights of the year that went by:
    1. Multiple highway runs with great handling and pleasurable drives. Excellent braking abilities which make you push it more and brake little later. It's a pleasure to accelerate a wee bit more on a turning section of the road. You need to try this to appreciate what I mean.
    2. Did my first hilly drive to cover Kasauli and Shimla. It was fantastic to drive there.
    3. Participated in two TFI meets and made good friends.
    4. Celebrated first anniversary of the jet with few TFI mates yesterday at a breakfast treat in Murthal. Few pics at the end.
    5. Getting good mileage throughout. Around 10.5-10.9 kmpl consistently with AC earlier. With my office shifted to noida expressway, the mileage has increased to 13-14 kmpl without having to make an effort to achieve more of it. Pretty impressive and I had settled for much less while deciding to buy it. What more could anyone ask for!

Few things to take care:
    1. A detailing session.
    2. Get the USB/AUX checked and go for replacement in warranty. The stereo mode changes automatically on pressing horn or while going through a bump. It changes a lot more frequently now than earlier. So, needs attention now.
    3. Tyre rotation, wheel alignment and balancing, the routine chore to be done at around 13K kms.

Pics from the meet:
    12071395_10153621316644494_245768113_n.jpg
    12055286_10153621317474494_539926657_o.jpg 12076374_10153621318004494_954509374_o.jpg 12076675_10153621319139494_1557952523_o.jpg 12077161_10153621318504494_1441359703_n.jpg

12047209_10153621318734494_962286257_n.jpg
  3. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Little over 13 months of ownership and by chance noticed the odometer at 12345 KMs. Liked this reading, stopped the car and clicked the milestone, if I may call it so.
    Linea-12345KMs.jpg

Next up is tyre rotation, wheel balancing, wheel alignment and interior detailing. Interiors are pending for a long time now and just not finding time to get it done. :(
  4. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Clocked 15000 kms on the TJet and got the wheel rotation, balancing and alignment done at Tyre Dynamics, Noida. Total cost: INR 730, inclusive of 65 gms weight. No pulling issue seen and it has been a charm to own the beauty since past 15 months.
    Here's the pic of the odometer:
    15K.jpg

It was starved of a highway run for a long time. What to do? Celebrated the 15k milestone by taking it out for a drive to Murthal for a dinner outing. It was rock solid, behaved maturely and put the other cars to shame.:D In simple words, Fantastic and in love with it!!! Hope it continues to delight in a similar manner for times to come.
  5. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Finally, got the interiors done last week as they had turned up pretty dirty. @Prashant Teki suggested to get it done by Tee Car Care in Kailash Colony, Delhi and went there. The guys did a really good job for interior detailing and car spa. Thanks to Prashant for suggesting them and coming over there to meet me. :)
    Total kms done now stand at 17440 in about 18 months, getting FE of about 13.3 for home-office-home non AC currently. Pretty much satisfied with it and not at all asking for more! ;) Fun part is what matters and TJet provides oodles of that.

Here are some pics of the work done. Total Cost and details below:
    1. Interior detailing: Roof cleaning, seats, vaccum, dashboard etc. :INR 1500
    2. Car Spa: Exteriors: Shampoo, Steam Wash, Wax polishing, Dressing.: INR 790.

Good value for money and car came out shining and back to its glory!

Ext1.jpg Ext2.jpg Ext3.jpg Int1.jpg Int2.jpg

Next up is highway drive from Noida-Ludhiana on the coming weekend. Hope the trip doesn't get cancelled as it's been a while now that a highway drive hasn't been done.
  6. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Completed the 20,000 Kms milestone on May 26, 2016 in just about 20 months. Going great so far! Here's the odometer pic.

20K-Kms.jpg

On to a drive to Shimla in next few weeks. :)
    Last edited: May 28, 2016
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Ah 13.7 kpl, hunh? In dilli ncr? Good stuff, and great 'going': your t-jet (and mine too)!!

cheers @Saket Sidana
  8. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @prabhjot, yeah getting that mileage. No traffic for home-office-home commute [25 kms] except for 1 bottleneck while coming back home and my usual sedate driving helps [that's how I drive, irrespective of owning this beast]. I do go for a blast now and then, but that's like once in 2 or 3 weeks only. Better safe than sorry!
    prabhjot and PradeepM like this.
  9. Giridhar

Giridhar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Totally agree with you @Biraj. I believed in FASS which was the bigger mistake. Wheel alignment was not done properly and now the tyre ends has gone down and tyre life is less by 5000 km.

I think I will stop giving service to FASS. I am switching over to Bosh now.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 30, 2016 ---
    @Saket Sidana. Nice ownership review. Enjoyed reading it. As all Fiatians say, car will ask you to go on as much as possible and you will not feel contended with driving. That what Fiat is all about as per my understanding.
    One more thing which I love about Fiat is, you will not feel tired after driving which I love the most.

One thing which I understand from your thread is atleast once we need to take it to car spa. I will do it tomorrow itself.
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks @Giridhar for taking out time and reading my ownership review. I would post details once I happen to do a trip or go for a teamfiat meet. Need to go for the third service for TJet within next 3-4 months.
    Have you started your ownership thread? Do share the link, would love to read about Avvy.