1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The comeback of the Chetak with Pics

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by harishgayatri, Dec 3, 2012.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Harish

Congrats for restoration of great legend Chetak.
    I am also going to restoration of my dad's 1998 Bajaj Super (3 port Without reed valve)

In fact I have restored complete engine. New crankcase,crank,cyl.piston.stator & magneto,carburattor.
    Only color job is remained.

BTW important thing is you have installed NGK Iridium IX BPR6HIX which is incorrect spark plug.
    Correct heat range plug for Bajaj 2 stroke scooter is NGK BPR5HS
    BPR6HIX is for CNG engine. So don't drive with incorrect heat range spark plug.
    You will not get proper fuel efficiency & power output from engine. Possiblity of damages. Coz spark plugs with incorrect heat range overheats the engine & can create criticle problems.
  2. harishgayatri

harishgayatri Amatore

Mulund, Mumbai
    You can Try getting a micro super spark plug. That specific model which u have mentioned above has been discontinued by NGK.

This plug was recommended by the shop owner who sells only spark plugs

Sent from my iPod touch 4G using Tapatalk
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    yours is with CB point. So Mico 175 Z1 is correct spark plug. MICO 175 Z1 is still available.

For 2 stroke with Electronic Ignition MICO - WR8 BC (With Resistive plug cap) & W8BC (Without Resistive plug Cap)
    Champion :- RL 92 YC (With Resistive plug cap) & L92 YC (Without Resistive plug Cap)
  4. harishgayatri

harishgayatri Amatore

Mulund, Mumbai
    What's Cb point?

Sent from Asus FonePad 7
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Contact braker Ignition system. After 1990 all 2 wheeler bikes are with electronic ignition system.
    Ignition with C.B. point has some cons. e.g. :- burning /short of c.b.point,frequently need of adjusting gap of C.B.point.

C.B. point is fitted inside of magneto. Small cam is used to operate lobe of C.B.point.
    Working of cam & lob of C.B.point works for ignition timing.