1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The comeback of the Chetak with Pics

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by harishgayatri, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Hey wonderful thread, what cables you are using for clutch, I used to use a cable which used to come with plastic (inner walled) outer,which used to give smooth clutch operation.

FE can still go up if you down size the secondary jet.

Regarding tires continental had tied up with Modi ties, used to bring out Modi-continental,these tires used to prevent side ways swaying upon hard breaking.

Your thread made me remember my Chetak, I have done 200-300 Kms long drives, with breaks after every 60-90 minutes. for want of space we had to give it up, otherwise never wanted sell it.
  2. harishgayatri

harishgayatri Amatore

Mulund, Mumbai
    Sure. I will by this sunday.
  3. whynot try putting white side walls??
    it'll look much sweeter than with the black sidewalls on the tyres

just a suggestion
  4. harishgayatri

harishgayatri Amatore

Mulund, Mumbai
    That will give issues when you are cornering. :)
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The outer plastic sleeve is in there always, only replaced when it gets cut, else only the inner metal wire is replaced frequently. As the ones available are cheap and get stretched/broken really soon.

Same goes for the throttle wire. I had it completely replaced on the Vespa and the throttle action is butter smooth again.

Also, by secondary jet, do you mean the main jet? I wouldn't go smaller than the factory jet. 2T's don't take much time to seize when they run lean.

Cheers.
  6. harishgayatri

harishgayatri Amatore

Mulund, Mumbai
    Hi guys,

New updates.

I recently fitted the vehicle with an NGK Iridium IX BPR6HIX Spark plug for Rs.500/- inc home delivery. The fitting the new plug difference was felt instantly.
    The vehicle feels less noisier than before. It was using previously using Mico Super.

Ordered Chrome mirrors for the vehicle. Finally after a long search it was available with LML Fortune Ahmedabad.

Does anybody know where I can find Spitfire cable for connecting Spark plug in Mumbai.
  7. harish kotur

harish kotur Novizio

Namma Bangalore
    bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Harish
    Good to see your Chetak is restored.
    Even my Dad owns a Bajaj Chetak 1983 modal. Unfortunately it is very less used now a days as my dad stopped using it because of its weight.

One question.... Did you changed the Shock absorbers (front and back)?
    If yes, then can you please share the details of the dealer.

Regards,
    Harish
  8. harishgayatri

harishgayatri Amatore

Mulund, Mumbai
    Yeah I did. They are from a brand called endurance. Btw where are you situated?

Sent from Asus FonePad 7
  9. harish kotur

harish kotur Novizio

Namma Bangalore
    bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I stay in Bangalore.... But our chetak is in Dharwad - Karnataka(my Home town).

Regards,
    Harish
  10. Well thanks for enlightening me,i did not know this even after owning Chetak for over 10 years!!You are a great asset to the forum,please keep it up.