1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The comeback of the Chetak with Pics

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by harishgayatri, Dec 3, 2012.

1. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Looking at the thread title I thought Bajaj is bringing in chetak to compete with Vespa :D
  2. harishgayatri

harishgayatri Amatore

Mulund, Mumbai
    Update: The Painter told me that he has started with removing the paint. He has told me to get the Paint the next monday. Will post pics if I get a day off from work.
  3. Harish,

Good to see the Chetak been rebuilt. Waiting eagerly to see the Chetak being bought back to life. All the best and keep us posted.:)
  4. harishgayatri

harishgayatri Amatore

Mulund, Mumbai
    Ok guys,

Sorry for the delay in the photographs. I has been a very busy week due to audits & other stuff going on in my work place. The mechanic has almost completed building the engine. I am yet to provide him with the Cylinder, Gear shifting box, spark plug, flywheel cover, drum, brakes. etc...

The body has been painted with Dupont Solid color( Brown). I expected it to be more darker but it still looks great. I looks different in sunlight & at night. Currently the chassis is kept at my room & not yet given to the mechanic. :cool:

Pics
    IMG_20121228_172737.jpg
    IMG_20121228_151612.jpg
    IMG_20121228_151545.jpg
    8 people like this.
  5. harishgayatri

harishgayatri Amatore

Mulund, Mumbai
    Hi Guys.

Sorry for the late update. The vehicle was already in the 2nd week of Jan. It runs fantastic.

Few updates to the existing chetak owners in here.

There is a new carburator in the market called as Jetex Maxi average for Bajaj scooters 18D. With this carb you need not tilt the vehicle. This also helps in long drives where the throttle is kept twisted for a long time where it used to cause petrol flooding & the engine used to shut down.

Currently it gives me an average of near 40kms/ltr if ridden properly else that changes to 30kms/ltr :eek:.

Pics will be put up today to max tomorrow.

Regards,
    2 people like this.
  6. harishgayatri

harishgayatri Amatore

Mulund, Mumbai
    Pics are here & a lot of em.

There are few pics from the showing the tyres & the carb settings too.

Enjoy...

CIMG0126.jpg CIMG0127.jpg

CIMG0128.jpg

CIMG0129.jpg

CIMG0130.jpg

CIMG0131.jpg

CIMG0132.jpg

CIMG0133.jpg

CIMG0134.jpg

CIMG0135.jpg

CIMG0136.jpg

CIMG0137.jpg

CIMG0138.jpg

CIMG0139.jpg

CIMG0140.jpg

CIMG0141.jpg

CIMG0142.jpg
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
    5 people like this.
  7. raj29

raj29 Superiore

what a wonderful result, the chetak has come to life.
    I have an old chetak too which needs some attention (not sure about the model though), my dad uses it most of the time :)
  8. harishgayatri

harishgayatri Amatore

Mulund, Mumbai
    Thanks raj..

If you are interested in doing something like this. My suggestion would be to do all the R & D work before hand & then start the dis assembly. like the place you can obtain spares for good prices. I got mine from Grant Road in Mumbai. That place is called scooter gali.

You also need to give a lot of attention to what the painter does & also to the work done by the mechanic.

As I had mentioned in one of the previous posts my mechanic was an auto rickshaw mechanic. He was pretty expensive but the work done is absolutely fantastic. Also when it comes to support he is always available on phone which is great.

Same goes to the painter.

Oh! BTW I forgot to mention the total cost which came to rebuilding is Rs.21,500/- including everything.
    2 people like this.
  9. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Thank you for the suggestions Harish :)
    Will surely keep this in mind when i think of starting the revamp of my Chetak
  10. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    congratulations.. Its nice to see something close to the heart restored to the old glory. please post more pictures.