1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Black Beauty arrives

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by djdc1990, Sep 26, 2013.

1. djdc1990

djdc1990

NOIDA
    Hey guys..
    A little late late in posting , but u know "better late than never". My father had a fiat palio el 2001 and age had started to show on it now so we decided to buy a new car. The plan began nearly 6 months ago and we ended up buying the "beauty and the beast" all in one .

He gave me the responsibility to go and scout for cars from the month of feb. According to his pref. So I started looking . he wanted a sedan with comfortable interiors, a smooth suspension, most importantly good engine. So obvious choice was to go for Honda City. Went there had a look, The sales guy didn't seem to care . He thought that a 23 year old guy with his friend is not seriously going to buy this car so why bother. and when i started throwing a bit of technical spec questions he didn't answer them . and within 3 min he came to the price point without even saying a word about a testdrive. Me and my friend were pissed with his attitude and said though a good car we are not buying it from here. Later did some online research found out the city is way to expensive for our budget. so the idea was dropped there. Waise it a nice car.

Next my father suggested to have a look at the newly launched Chevrolet sail. So i went there . a very decent car for its price . but sadly no petrol version for testdrive. interiors were spacious. design was also good and the engine i can assume would b ok cause it has a fiat sourced engine it.. Features provided were plenty in the base variant. Cant say about handling or engine refinement. On the down side the waiting period was too much (2 months). The total break up of on road price was not clearly put through. plus no test drive. so we put it on hold..

people from volkswagen set up a stall at our locality. So i checked out their vento petrol. It seemed a very well behaved car. Had a testdrive . suspension was good. Steering being electronic was smooth as butter. AC was ok . Design wise its plain and simple. Build quality is also very good. Plus tried and tested german engineering . They were offering free insurance and corporate discount (my father works at a PSU) so the total on road price was 7.93 L for vento petrol (Basic). seemed a fair price. Got my father to think about it..

Then came the most hyped car of all. Ford eco sport. I was i love with its design. Went to the ford dealer ship almost 1 week before its launch to inquire about it but no result. I took the dealers card and told him to inform me as soon as any info is available regarding it. 2 days before bookings open he gave me call and said bookings are starting at 50000. My father said without the actual price how can we blindly book the car. He was right so we waited it out for the final pricing. Pricing of the car was good but the dealers quote was obnoxious. 10000 basic kit(full of use less stuff which would cost 3000 aftermarket) No transfer of NCB. Plus waiting period 2 months. I was heart broken.

So i went back to sail. Till now they didn't have any petrol car for testdrive and stil the waiting period was 1 month.

My uncle was here for some official work and was going to spend the night here at our place. so the car discussion started. He had recently bought a toyota etios. It seemed a good car from the way uncle described it. But neither me or my dad liked the design. so on the basis of looks it was scrapped.

Then news came that a new variant of linea was going to be launched. Tjet one. i started to gather info about it. seemed the only petrol car in its range to have a turbo charger in it. NICE.. and the car looks more upmarket than its competition, Plus it has the best suspension and with the increased ground clearance it would b best for our roads. Build is like a tank for all fiat cars. so it was time to go and talk business. I went down to the showroom inquiring about the t jet. Said they didn't have one for testdrive and there are no offers as such on t jet. Was dissapointed. Again after 1 month i went down there still no car for test drive and no offers. They said they would reduce some 24000 on the on road price from their side. But still it was very costly. 8.42 L. Dad said wait it out the car market not doing so well they will bring in the offer. Next month the add on the paper said upto 1L off on linea. Basic thought "ya u will get that only on the top variant". Basic will trickle down to 40 something. So, we were planning to go with the sail. My dad said go and talk with them those fiat guys for the final time. I went there and they confirmed that they were giving a bonus of 1 L on all models which also ment loyalty of 1 L. they said deduct 1 L from onroad price and plus a few freebies . And we get to keep our old car . I couldn't believe it. When i said this to my father he started making fun of me. Later next day he confirmed it and the head bashing began at home. He said it is to expensive i stated all the positive point of the car and also compared it with others. So he said we will see. Generally that is a straight no for me.. So i started to play my trump card "Mother". And finally it was decided we go with linea .

On aug 26 it was a holiday (janmasthami utsav) and the weather was was good so i finally convinced my father to finally get up and buy the car today. He had been stalling it for 6 months now. So we first went chevrolet and had a chat. (still no petrol sail for testdrive) The offer was very good so good that it could have easily turned my fathers mind. I kept my fingers crossed that the fiat guy does not screw up. I had done half the work for him he just does his bit. we reached there and 1st thing testdrive. So it me who was supposed to drive the car my father said u drive it dosen't matter and said to beat he hell out of the car. OK as u wish. Now i am used to driving a hatch back (palio) and this is a bis sedan. So in the city jammed pack roads i was easy couldn't do much. As soon as i saw open road "here comes the boom baby" throttle on the floor the turbo kicks in around 2000 rpm and it feels like a rocket after that. keep it in the turbo range and u keep on going. Then a speed breaker and the 4 disc break work really good. Then again full throttle . i kept gunning it over took a few bmw and skodas and i realized 1 was close to 100 kmph. It didn't feel like it . Had to take a long right curve and i was doing it at close to 50 kmph . All this with the ac on . Test drive over and my hands were shaking and had a BIG smile The sales man was scared and could barely speak. My father was siting at the rear passenger seat and had a good understanding of the dynamics and feel of the car. I asked him how does he know ?? He said he already had a Test drive at another showroom.
    Ohh. so now what ??? he started talking business with the sales man. we were interested in the basic variant that is active. so he finally quoted a price of 7.74 L on road after discounts and everything. color opted was black (my suggestion) i knew the risks but black just stands out. We made the down payment of 11000 and that was it linea T jet in black booked. Me still smiling was now feeling proud Cause i will now be having the most power full car in our colony . He said a waiting period of 12 - 15 days . we agreed and left.

Each and every day i counted on the calender . At 12 th day we called him up he said the car is being unloaded at gurgaon. and will reach the warehouse tomorrow where the pdi will be done. so another 2 days. At last the day (13 Sept) arrived and my father called me to get ready and meet him by the road he will b coming directly from his office. I kept jumping around. As soon as i reached the showroom i started looking where is the car i have to my own pdi. No car not even the sales man was there. I could see there were other deliveries going on. There were 7 deliveries going on simultaneous which consisted max of 90 hp punto. My father asked how much it cost i said it is close to what u are paying for this car. But the experience is totally different. waiting waiting finally the sales man arrive and i am constantly bugging him where is the car he keeps on saying its on the way it is being cleaned and LAME excuses. The car arrives there is no space in the delivery area so it is standing outside the showroom with the traffic and i am scared . What i see A black dirty car and the driver said he is coming from other way which does not match with the sales man's excuses. Paper work start and these morons don't even know how to simply copy a name for Tej narayan They wrote Taj Naryan (My grandfathers name) And included his name in between my fathers name. Asked the reason for that they said pan card had the same name. so now the paper work needs to be changed. Till that time i was inspecting everything. Car was manufactured in july 2013. The tires were ok . odo had H 48 reading on it . Electrics worked fine. The spare tire was 14 inch and of other tyre co. (jk tyre) the ones fitted were 15 inch rims on apollo acellre . I asked them about this they said other than emotion variant of any car all the spares are different. the interior was dirty probably the mechanics dirty clothes must have caused it. So i said them to clean it. rest the car seemed all fine. till then it was quite late and we had been there for nearly 3 hrs.

Cars kept on going and finally it was our turn. At close to eight o' clock he handed over the keys and gave a overview of the car. After that i thought my dad would drive the linea home and I would drive the palio. But it was the opposite . I started to freak out office hours and on the prime road where there are tempos autos cycles busses all senseless drivers. luckily i reached home in one piece without any thing happening to the car. Where mom did all the rituals and the fellow colony members could not take their eyes of the car.

I also called up my friend who has a honda city just to burn him up a little. hehe Afterall this is what i really wanted
    5 people like this.
  2. djdc1990

djdc1990

NOIDA
    I thought all is well that ends well. I was so wrong.

The dealership had promised us a few things that evening of the delivery.
    1. Petrol coupon for 5 ltr petrol at a nearby gas station
    2. Free parking sensor
    3. Free basic kit
    4. Get all the errors rectified and deliver us the documents at our home after 2 days

1. I went to the petrol station and said what is this the info is not complete. we will not give u any thing. I called those fiat guys but they had already gone home. I said ok fill up 100 bucks just to reach home.
    2. Parking sensor was to be fitted there at the showroom (I saw a few of the puntos being fitted with the kit)But it got late so he said he would send the technician at our place the next day.
    3. The floor mats were provided. But he forgot the mudflaps so i reminded him at the last moment and he put them in my cars trunk. said the technician would fit the flaps also.
    4. Promised to get the paper work rectified. Also we had initially not taken extended warranty later planed on getting it. so that document was also to come with them.

Now today is 27th sept the Papers promised to be provided with rectification was given yesterday but they did not change my grandfathers name. (Taj naryan) the mistake. I mean seriously does any one keep their name taj. couldn't check it . making the same mistake twice..also the print quality was bad on the left side length wise nothing is visible . place where customer is supposed to sign is no there at all. And all of these document are to be submitted by 30 th sept at the headoffice or else my father will have to pay fines on it. My father had gone abroad for the last week so i was speaking with the sales guy. he would keep saying kal kal.. Insurance paper to he has not yet given it.

Parking sensors he came and gave me the box. !! I said what do i do with it. It is Your responsibility to get it installed not mine and . When asked what happened to the next day promise. He said he was busy. I said u were supposed to send some one to get the sensors fixed and mudflaps fitted and he works at the same showroom where u go daily. U didn't have time in the last 14 days just to tell him to got to this address and do this job which would hardly take 1 hr. and now he says i will have to go to the showroom for the insurance papers and mudflaps. the petrol slip also will b given there only. He gave me the number of the of the technician and said call him. I simply said ok. This guy is taking me for granted. My father arrived today and when i gave him the status report he became furious. called up their GM and updated him with the situation. Now i will go there first thing in the morning and not leave till he completes all the work.

Because of improper paperwork the car has been sitting there for 2 weeks now. My heart will explode now...

Guys now u only tell me with this kind of experience how can i suggest some one to go buy a fiat car. I love their car . but these fools just make that good feeling go away that fast. Dealership needs to really improve.

- - - Merged Post - - -

To add salt to my wound someone threw mud all over my brand new car purposely. IMG_20130923_120203.jpg IMG_20130923_120214.jpg IMG_20130923_120221.jpg

- - - Merged Post - - -

I washed of the mud and gave the car a proper cleaning with car shampoo. and this is how the car looked after i finished. I took me 1 complete hour to finish . But i was satisfied with the result. IMG_20130923_125912.jpg IMG_20130923_125930.jpg IMG_20130923_130020.jpg IMG_20130923_130053.jpg
    5 people like this.
  3. djdc1990

djdc1990

NOIDA
    The person who threw mud is as good as a punching bag for me (I do Boxing) Just have to find out out who did it ...
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Hi djdc1990,

Congratulations on the black beauty. Just forget the mud slinging and enjoy the jet. I do agree many a times its the dealers and their incompetent staff who make or break a deal, but the person who has driven a Fiat car will anyways stick to his decision to buy the car.

Enjoy many more mile crunching and drive safely.
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Hi, welcome to TFI :)!
    Please post some interior pictures also if possible.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Did you find him/her :).
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    i hope it was not your Honda City friend ;)
    just kidding :p:p!!
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
    2 people like this.
  8. djdc1990

djdc1990

NOIDA
    sure man.. the plastics are not yet pulled out and other accessories i bought them today. so tomorrow ill clean up the car inside out and post some pics .

- - - Merged Post - - -

no... :(
    and i probably think it is him and not her..
    i think i will just go and bash the punching bag tomorrow to cool down. Just try and get over it.

- - - Merged Post - - -

na he cant do that he is in agra during weekdays and it happened on monday noon.
    and he dosen't have the guts to do such thing he is a good boy type.
  9. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Welcome to Tfi.
    Hearty congratulations.
    A very charming and interesting write up.
    Take good care of your new family member.
    Father son relationship was well written and it was like watching a movie.
  10. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Many congratulations and yes forget the mud and enjoy the ride. As i always say , she look fantastic in this color!