1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The BIG Fight !

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by gautamkhadse, Oct 9, 2011.

1. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    [h=6]Hi Guys ,

This is a discussion we had on FB and we though we should bring it on TFI so that everyone can write in their views on this . Its just a healthy discussion , lets not make it personal .

Sandeep Singh Rathod

Crazy...XUV5OO registers 5000+ bookings in 6 days!!! It's gonna be like another 800s and Alto on road???[/h]Like · · Unfollow Post · about an hour ago near Mumbai, India · Privacy:
    • Abhimanyu Lalit Singh likes this.
      • 186288_751030708_3788394_q.jpg Anand Ramachandran Yup its true... Sandeep dat car is truelly gonna move up Mahindra and is gonna be their trump card for sure... Its well priced on the Indian Marketabout an hour ago · Like

• Gautam Khadse wait and watch on 13th october now .... when the Hyundai EON launches ....I feel sad watching FIAT die a slow deathabout an hour ago · Like

• 186288_751030708_3788394_q.jpg Anand Ramachandran Yea dat EON is another car which is gonna kill Maruti big time.. Look at the price man... Wooh... 2.99 for a car which is more or less same as our A star..about an hour ago · Like

• Vinay Rathore I think being an Indian company its truly incredible for Mahindra to build a world class Suv.48 minutes ago · Like

• Shahjahan Sj Why are obituaries written as soon as an etios or a xuv500 or z100 is launched ?? This is how the automobile sector moves worldwide...we just have more options... That is it!42 minutes ago · Like

• Gautam Khadse Its not an obituary , its mere respect for a new comer who enters the market and takes the market by storm . Aria couldnt do it but XUV has done it successfully , thats an understatement actually . Thats the way you make and price a product , kill the competition without giving them any chance to counter !22 minutes ago · Like

• Shahjahan Sj Absolutely right! But why does FIAT die everytime somebody launches anything that also has wheels ? ):D11 minutes ago · Like · drP8vlvSl_8.gif 1 person

• 161104_802125593_4812386_q.jpg Ansal Srivastava Superlike that last comment by shahjahan. Everyone needs to remember you loved the Fiat car you own when you bought it, you had no other better option and thats why you bought it !!!!! Obviously , over time there would be better cars that would be launched, but that does not mean another company dying.5 minutes ago · Like

• Gautam Khadse because the guys at FIAT are acting like losers , while everyone else is pulling out rabbits out of their magic hats , FIAT doesnt even have a magic hat yet . There are other brands which will die too but I dont really give a rats ass about them cuz FIAT is all that matters to me . Why would I bother about force one or merc or for that matter a shitty honda4 minutes ago · Like

• 186288_751030708_3788394_q.jpg Anand Ramachandran Well the reason y Fiat dies everytime thr is a launch is cos they built great cars but fail to market them to the common man in the right manner2 minutes ago · Like

• Gautam Khadse ‎@Ansal : Unfortunately the world of consumer products doesnt really survive on fan boys . FIAT wil always survive . Its too big a brand to die because of this . BUt if they dont act proactively they lose the market share . The outcome of that is they are unable to expand and are unable to offer us good service .about a minute ago · Like

• 161104_802125593_4812386_q.jpg Ansal Srivastava Actually, it is people who own Fiat makes me think that Fiats gonna die....rest of the world doesnt even care. All are happy with thier own car. So enjoy your car !!!!a few seconds ago · Like

• Gautam Khadse wow we should have this discussion on the foprum ... interesting conversation and point of views ... whats say guys , should we take it there rather than flling up Grandy ka FB wall ?a few seconds ago · Like

• 186288_751030708_3788394_q.jpg Anand Ramachandran True Gautam

P.S : Sorry for the formatting . Copied it directly from FB .
  2. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Thanks gautam !

Now my point -
    The fact IMHO is this - No company has anything special happening where marketing is concerned. How many ad campaigns you seen from Honda over the years.. Its just brand perception and reliability that has taken one particular Honda car to the leaders spot.
    As far as Maruti is concerned, they are only an entry level player and sell big time in the 5lac or less segment in India. They are non-existent elsewhere in the world.

Fiat has only 2 car models active in India.
    Fiat carries forward a bound contract with TATA MOTORS that will live its term and then when its up for renewal, there are changes that are going to happen with the experience so far. And something on those lines is happening that we all know about.

A new model coming in from different manufacture will always have a buzz around it. Even Linea was considered a Honda killer. There will be a Doblo or Qubo in future that fiat will also bring in. They may sell in 100 or 1000s... The point remains that we will have more options to droll over...

But, using terms like death or slow-death is very strong statements and displays short-sightedness from an individual...
    That is why we have companys like FIAT that has seen 112 years and we as individuals wont live to see so many years :)

This is not a fanboy... This is a plain fact which you or I cannot change.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  3. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Just to further put forth my point:

this is what we hear all the time...

Sx4 diesel coming.... Fiat linea is dead
    Etios opens to unprecedented booking - Fiat linea is dead
    Hyundai Verna launched - Fiat linea is dead
    New Ford fiesta - Fiat linea is dead
    Mahindra XUV takes 5000 bookings- Fiat linea is dead
    Nissan Sunny launched - Fiat linea is dead

What you see written up there is ... Look closely....6 different car manufacturers.
    Now, all manufacturers will bring new cars. What should fiat do? These new manufacturers will struggle and have their own challenges or success/ failures as a fiat or a maruti. None of them is doing any miracles. Its just positioning the new offering and vying for their share in the segment. Its all good for Indian car market.

Btw did I forget...
    Volkswagen vento - Fiat linea is dead
    :D

And the Fact - Fiat Linea launched in Jan 2009 ...as of this month ... Still selling and having a brand new commercial for it..... show Me another brand doing that marketing

4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    and still is the best looking of the lot by far!!
  5. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Shams - how could I have forgotten to add that.... Thanks!

6. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    4000 booking would be from haryana alone :p
    and that too around 2500 booking would be of politicians and gunda like people ..
    anyone betting with me on that ??
  7. LOL Tarun that was a nice shot:grin:
  8. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    XUV 5oo is indeed a "good" car!!! Now am not comparing this with anything! Though some say it belongs to Fortuner segment, while others say it belongs to the Innova segment, overall, XUV 5oo is a good product! It's definitely a great car for "VFM"! So getting a huge volume of booking, for XUV 5oo is indeed acceptable.
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  9. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Good one Tarun.

The rest could be from Greater NOIDA!

Regards
    Johnny
  10. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Interesting thread Gautam. Reading along with the FB links makes it even more hilarious. :D
    I have read that Cats have nine lives, but after reading Shajahan's post, I realize Fiat too has as many or more lives :p
    XUV 500 is riding on the success of Scorpio. IIRC Xylo too generated lot of interest initially however did not sustain it.
    And good one Tarun.