1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The best car shampoo to remove bug stain and Tar

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by rahul16, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Linea2013

Linea2013 Timido

Trivandrum
    Nicely articulated.

Always use pH-neutral car shampoos, especially when you have wax/sealant/coating on your car. Always use some good brands like Angelwax or Collinite, and always use as thin layer as possible.

2. rider16

rider16 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    will PH-neutral shampoos do the trick even on hard~salt/bore well water too? Please do let us know. I faced the same issue years ago. Now, to wash my car's glasses/shields/mirrors and hard stains/tar, I make it a point to carry down a bucket of de-salted drinking Kent purified water. This has so far done the Job wonderfully for me.
  3. Linea2013

Linea2013 Timido

Trivandrum
    Don't think that there will be any difference between pH-neutral and pH-heavy shampoos on hard water. It's always good to dry completely using a drying towel after a final rinse with a purified water from your water filter, in the case of hard/salt water case.
    rider16 likes this.
  4. rider16

rider16 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    yeah baby, Thumbs up to the soft water. This is the best cleaner next to shampoo, rather a catalyst that ensures squeaky clean car. ; )
  5. Linea2013

Linea2013 Timido

Trivandrum
    A real car shampoo does two purpose, it cleans the surface plus, act as a lubricant, so the wash mitt or microfiber towel you may use won't make any scratches when it rubs the dust or sand against the paint while cleaning.

Always follow two bucket method, please look at this article: http://www.greenzcarcare.com/pages/car-washing-advice