1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The best car shampoo to remove bug stain and Tar

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by rahul16, Sep 18, 2011.

1. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Guys i need some experts help here.

1. Two nuts on each of my front doors hinges have started to show some rust in them. I want to prevent further damage. What can be done?
    2. I don't have mud flaps in my vehicle hence i could able to see some black dots (I guess these are thar sediments) on the bottom of both front doors as well as the bottom of rear bumper. Btw i am currently using the Jopasu car cleaning solution (Pink color) for washing my car. I am able to remove some black dots with lot of effort but still the left overs are visible. Is there any solution to remove these substances?

Btw i posted this is at My 90HP Medium Grey Punto Thread under ownership review since there was no replay i am posting it here.

Mods: Please remove if you feel this is a duplicate posting.
  2. anoop

anoop Superiore

@harry: i think the best place to post this kind of queries are the DIY car cleaning thread. (http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/showthread.php?53-DIY-Car-Care-amp-Detailing-thread/page21)

There are dedicated tar and bug removers available from many reputed manufactures, you can try them.
    Do not try force \ rub to remove the stains - it will introduce lot of small scratches. Try a good car shampoo and moisten the spot sfor few minutes with the shampoo - it may help to loosen the tar stains.

If the rust in ONLY on teh nut, the best best is to replace the nuts - it is always better to stop the rust from spreading out, and if you can achieve this by just replacing two nuts, go for it.
  3. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @anoop: Thank you very much for your reply. Going forward I will post it in DIY car cleaning thread.
  4. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    the best solution is "scratch out" that comes in a yellow bottle. just apply very very little amount on a piece of cloth an wipe over . you wont find tar and bug remains, i have been using this from the past 8 years or so as all my cars uno, palio and punto are white.
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    @Srini even I am using the same product and it gives wonderful result. But as a note of caution, fellows be very careful while purchasing this product as there are whole lot of duplicate coming for this product. Even a known accessory shop dealer has told me that it is difficult to find the original stuff. I really don't know how to distinguish between original & fake. Get these kind of stuff only from trusted source.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
  7. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Came across a solution called WD 40 and also heard positive feedback about this solution. Has anyone heard or used this before? Can anyone tell where is this available in chennai.
    did googled and found that it is available with United Sales Agency chennai. No. 25, Sembudoss Street, First Floor Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India - 600 001.
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Sorry harry, didn't follow your thread. Why do you require this WD 40?
  9. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ramjn: This WD 40 is used to remove the tar bar stick on the front door as well as the rear bumper. I was going through a thread in tbhp and that's when came across this WD 40.
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Okay. Did you try using the Thinner available at the hardware shops? It will cost you Rs. 20. Try with this and see if the stain goes away.