1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The best car shampoo to remove bug stain and Tar

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by rahul16, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    use a clay bar to clean the sap and inperfections on the paint. shampoo wont remove tar spots.
  2. anoop

anoop Superiore

@clash81: Please do not try rubbing compound or other abrasive products. Rubbing compound is used to cut a fine layer of paint to get the gleam out - it is usually done on old cars to bring them back to 'like-new' state.

What ever you use, make sure you use non abrasive products.

Most of the polishes are abrasive in nature - that is why polishing is not recommended often. Ideally, you should polish your car only once in 6 months or in a year, and use wax to keep car in the clean state. You can wax as often as you like, though good waxes lats months.
  3. rahul16

rahul16

Cochin
    Thnks guys........

hey how abt going for 3m paint protection? will it help from TAR DOTS not getting stuck? The service guy told me to go for it.Not Sure though.
  4. what will be done in paint protection treatment?
    is that a coating like teflon?

i would say, no.
    we can clean that tar stains slowly, like rubbing them with shampoo water for like 5-10 mins and they go.
    i use clinic plus thing for this issue. that is like once i a month and with a micro fibre and after that give a good waxing.
  5. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai

Go to any local car wash center n tell dem to diesel wash full car it vl go

@ anoop didnt used shampoo m blad lolz, but we use other Amway products lyk cloths n dish wash it was good
  6. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sunsilk/pantene zindabad and avoid any usage of diesel or the likes on the cars paint.
  7. nitinjd

nitinjd Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
  8. anoop

anoop Superiore

@phew, @Srikant and all - please stay away from using hair wash shampoo to clean your car. Each chemicals are specially formulated for its specified use. What matters in cleaning in not the foam, but the cleaning properties. The hair shampoos are formulated to clean your hair, while car wash solutions\shampoos are formulated to clean the surface of the car while retaining the existing wax coating on the car.

To take an example, will we substitute dish wash liquid with hair shampoo or vice-verse ? Then why are we doing that to our poor car?

There are lot of car shampoos available freely in the market, from reputed manufactures and they are not at all costly.

@rahul: Go for it, if you can get it done from a 3M authorized center and make sure that you personally oversee the job done. Where are you located at?
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  9. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Cost is never an issue my friend, even the best of workshops lik Autopsyche, Pandit. and rest always advise hair wash shampoos as the chemicals used in them are very gentle and thus have no harmful effects on the paint, whereas in car wash shampoos one is not sure as to how strong on light the chemical is. As for the wax being removed the hair wash shampoos are not so strong on the chemical content part and thus have very little effect on the wax. the harder than chemical used on the paint the adverse the effetcs
  10. anoop

anoop Superiore

Bro, what I am trying to say is, it is of no harm in substituting hair shampoo if you are out of your car wash shampoo, but if you are really finicky about keeping your car clean, it is good to invest in a proper car wash shampoo or soap (like meguiars, Mothers, Autoglym etc - I think Sonax, Simoniz etc will be also good).

I'm not saying hair shampoo will damage car paint, but it is chemically formulated to solve quite a different problem. Mild hair shampoos will not strip wax but car shampoos, on the other hand, are especially formulated to remove soiling and other contamination from the paint an automobile may encounter. Further more, a car shampoo also will have lubricating agents which will help you to rinse and wash the soapy foam from paintwork with out scratching out.
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2011