1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The best car shampoo to remove bug stain and Tar

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by rahul16, Sep 18, 2011.

1. rahul16

rahul16

Cochin
    which is the best car shampoo to remove bug stain and tar dots. Mine is a new vehicle BNW and because of my daily travel of more than 60kms through highways tar dots are getting on the higher end.

which is the best shampoo to remove it on a weekly basis of wash?
  2. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    Amway . . . . . .
  3. rahul16

rahul16

Cochin
    hey thanks ankit...... how abt removing existing tar dots?
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Even I am also facing the same issue. :cry:

Aniket, does the Amway Shampoo removes TAR DOTS. I am using Turtle car Shampoo but is of no use. It does not remove TAR dots.

Visited 3M Car Care & the fellow said that they have treatment for TAR dots removal. Cost Rs. 200.

FIAT Service Center guys were asked me to use Diesel to remove those TAR DOTS. IMO Usage of diesel on car will affect on cars color.
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  5. anoop

anoop Superiore

Kedar, never use Diesel, kerosene, WD 40, Zorrik - they will damage your clear coat.

Basically shampoo is cleaning agent, and it usually do not have dissolving abilities.

Tar, tree zap etc, once dried, needs an agent which can dissolve them with out damaging the paint. There are many specialized products available for tar removal.

You can also try using a clay bar to remove the tar spots.
    3M sells MEGUIARS products - MEGUIARS have paint cleaners in their line up. try your luck with the 3m centers or other automobile stores. I think brands like simoniz, Armour-All etc should have some tar removers - paint cleaners in their line up.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Anoop thanks for the information. I am going to drop my car at 3M Car Care which very near to my office. :)
  7. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai

yeah it removes tar dots

i know its real pain to remove tar dots in rain ,

i am using it since 2006, it gives u car great look , even they don`t harm ur hand skin too
  8. RollingIce

RollingIce Amatore

Pune
    I should have read this earlier...I used petrol with water on a cloth to wipe off the road tars......done this twice when nothing else helped.
    my bad....
  9. anoop

anoop Superiore

@Aniket - A stupid doubt - Are you using Amway hair wash shampoo or Amway car wash (http://www.amway.in/Shopping/Products.aspx?pid=E4111IDG&ctg=EIA) ?
  10. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Lots of tar dots on my vehicle too. Somewhere i read about using Kerosene. Havent tried it yet. Now that i have read this, i am not going to :)

Recently, i got the Motomax 2k rubbing compound, (Checked with the reliance-autozone fella and he recommended this) i was not sure if it was going to help or not. I tried it in couple of patches, it takes quite a while to remove the tar stains but i feel it is not that effective. How are the Armourall products? do they have something which can remove tar stains?