1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Beast.. The TANK.. My Avvy...

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by Giridhar, May 31, 2016.

1. Giridhar

Giridhar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Here are few plans for my Avvy in 2016.
    Seat cover upgrade. Need to know which material to go for which shop to go for in chennai. I know there are many in royapettah. and Jeewajee is one of the finest hands to do that job. but their price is more.
    Upgrade of Headlights. Going for either philips xtreme vision h4 or Osram H4 night breaker unlimited
    Windshield sunscreen: Add 3M CR70 sunfilm.

These are the initial list which I have. But please be free to add any suggestion.
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Congrats on your Avvy @Giridhar .

Lets hope your feeling of 'less power' fades away as you get to know your Avvy better. The MJD 90 HP has more than adequate power, provided that you are in the turbo zone. Also, Fiat has tuned the Avvy MJD a little differently (when compared to Punto 90 HP) to factor in the increased weight. Enjoy the beast :D
    V. K. Pasupathy and prabhjot like this.
  3. Trilok Chandar

Trilok Chandar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai, Tamil Nadu
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Giridhar A really nice review on the Avventura. Making me eager to do a write up too. Congrats on the Avvy sir! :happy: After seeing yours and other Cars I'm more in love with Bronzo Tan colour. I'm confused.:angelic:
    Giridhar and V. K. Pasupathy like this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I already suggested in another thread for seat cover. It should be Jewajee. Do not go with any guys at GP road.

Regarding Osram NB and Philips Xtreme Vision, be aware that these lights fare very badly in rains due to its whitish tint. I have used them in the past and have now switched back to regular halogen bulbs. :)

I hope you are aware of the ban on Sunfilms. Installing it on Windscreen may not be visible but be aware that there are chances of being caught and getting penalized. I have CR70 on all windows and windscreen. I was caught once in Kerala and have to pay Rs. 500 penalty.
    Giridhar likes this.
  5. V. K. Pasupathy

V. K. Pasupathy Amatore

Karur, Tamil Nadu, India
    Karur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    You name any color. A Fiat car will look great! The punch is not in the color but the car that takes it!
    Giridhar and Trilok Chandar like this.
  6. Trilok Chandar

Trilok Chandar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai, Tamil Nadu
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @V. K. Pasupathy yes you are absolutely right. The car makes the main difference and attracts us. Even the colour stands unique when compared to other brands. Fiat stands for the uniqueness and that's why I cannot find a Fiat car that easily. A rare sight to see one on road.
    V. K. Pasupathy likes this.
  7. Giridhar

Giridhar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Yeah @ramjn, will go to Jewajee and try to get one before 2nd anniversary.

If you had already posted, I would have not gone for above lights. I already bought it and its in use. The visibility has increased but they are bad but not so bad. Especially my partner likes it.

I am speaking about windshield film which helps in reducing the heat from the front and also reduces the headlight glare (especially high beam). I have already tested it in Ford figo and they work like a charm. And also the cooling effect of AC also increases when you have them installed.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 17, 2016 ---
    Thanks @Trilok Chandar. Have you got your's. Or still waiting?
    Well said Sir.
    Today my Beast, The Beast has completed 36K km. Time has flown, tyres changed, head turns has increased, Odo miles travelling toward north but the Beast remains the same, performance same, and same driver for whole 36K. I am overwhelmed with my Tank performance and not even once has let me down. I am still a happy Fiat car owner as others in this forum.

Thanks to Fiat for giving me a chance to be Fiat owner.

Number of times people in my apartment asking about the performance of the car is still going on. One of them have actually bought Punto Evo (Did not buy Avvy because of the spare-wheel. due to daily security check in his office)
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  8. Trilok Chandar

Trilok Chandar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai, Tamil Nadu
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Giridhar I'm yet to get it delivered, mostly by next year I guess. Fiat people have some problem with their logistics due to which is the delay in delivering 50 cars to their customers including mine.
    Is there any way by which I can talk to FCA, Pune ? Because I'm helpless.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I think you are being soft with the dealer. Taking a month for delivery is unacceptable, that too with Fiat which is selling hardly. You should straightaway threaten the dealer that you are going to cancel your booking. And also raise the concern with Fiat immediately here - http://www.fiat-india.com/customer-support/
    Trilok Chandar likes this.
  10. Rama

Rama Amatore

Delhi
    Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    One month is too much. Put pressure on dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Trilok Chandar likes this.