1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Beast.. The TANK.. My Avvy...

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by Giridhar, May 31, 2016.

1. Giridhar

Giridhar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    The love with Fiat started as early as 2009 when I saw the Fiat Linea. As soon as Punto was launched, interest shifted to Hatchback. I always wanted to buy Punto from that day. It took me five long years to buy Fiat car and look which car I settled to. Its none other the beast. Avventura. Till I bought Avvy, I have not driven the car for not even once.

Small Flashback

A small recap. Me being the first driver :) in the family started driving with Maruthi 800 (ofcourse my dad’s car) and craze for driving started from there. My first car was Ford Figo (Amm admi car) bought in 2010. Had good number of long drives, engine was good but as the age of the car started increasing, problems also started. Worst was when engine got shut down just like that in mid of the traffic. That’s when the nightmare started and feeling low why I went for Ford figo. This issue just did not happen once. But many times, including in ghat sections (. The nightmare started. Another nightmare was, battery just went down in midnight 1 AM while returning from office :(. One more reason to do away from Ford. That great night decided, I am done with this car. Decided to go for a new one after using this car for four years.

The course towards Avvy…

Hunt started. Both myself and wife on the internet. Many cars popped up but Fiat was not in picture at all. During the hunt the word Fiat itself was completely erased from my memory. Don’t know why but there was some reason for that. My wife was also part of all the test drives. Reason. It would be always her to be part of all drives except office. It was utmost important for me that she is also satisfied and needed her green signal too. We decided that both should say Yes. One person says No, car should be dropped and should the other should not convince to say Yes. That rule was strictly maintained throughout the course.

Here the list.

Dustor: the first compact SUV in the list. Mom loved it but there were already many and moreover did not like interior. Strict no. Dropped.

Swift: Parents were inclined towards Swift, good mileage, good engine, well within the budget, and main reason, one other relative had just bought the car and also well within the budget. But me, it was strict No. I was okay with Figo rather than owning Swift. Next.

Hyundai i20: the car of the year. Looks were good, interior was good. Test drove. Both myself and wife did not like it. Rear seat was not so convenient. Next.

Verna fluidic: Awesome drive, super push, excellent power. All these I was able to feel. Good turning radius. But seat was so low. I wanted good height and view. But my wife liked it. Heard so many times that if wife likes husband may not like it. I experience it :doctor:. Also felt that the body length and weight ratio was not in sync. It was slightly better tin can. :) Was not in my budget too. Dropped. Next..

Ertiga: It was a time pass test drive. :yuck::D:rolleyes:I would say tin can is better than the metal used in Ertiga. Both my wife and myself were just laughing while having the test drive. It was better off not to buy any car instead of buying this paper thin metal sheet molded like a car with four tyres. Next..

Many other cars were searched, reviews read across .... But forgot my favorite brand Fiat.

THE AVVENTURA:):D:happy:: We (me and my wife) almost lost the hope of buying the car and were going to head towards home after Ertiga test drive. It was the night before Diwali... almost 8 PM in 2014. All shutters were coming down to get prepared, ready for Diwali celebration. Told my wife... see there is the Fiat showroom (shutters were half down) the brand which I like the most. Lets go and check that showroom for one last time and see Punto. Went to the RDC fiat dealer in Anna nagar Chennai. All employees were done for the day. Asked me what I want. Believe me, I never knew that Avventura release date was the day when I visited the showroom and also did not know that there is a car called as Avventura.

Manager was kind enough and obliged to my request to see Punto. Security just lifted the shutters. Went inside the showroom. And then saw the the the beast --- AVVENTURA. Both of our eyes popped out.. Just like happens to Tom in Tom and Jerry cartoon show. It was love at first sight for me. That is when I understood what Love at first sight means J. All the wings (doors) opened. the 16 inch tyre. The signature of Avventura (Spare wheel behind)... At first glimpse, I decided that, it was the car which I was looking for. That too, without test drive. Sat in the Pilot seat, and felt the heaviness of the Machine, the doors. The rugged body. Was not able to find reason why I should not buy this car. I had full faith that it will not let me down. My wife also liked it. First thing we did was sat in the rear seat and saw how much comfort is there. It was pretty descent. Not like Swift. Big green from my side. Wife also gave green signal without any second thoughts. Wavelength matched. YeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaa.

After Diwali, me and my dad went to showroom to book the car. Dad also liked the car. Manager said that I was one of the initial 10 buyers who have booked the car. Without test drive. Yes did not test drive the car at all. Took more days to get the test drive done. Everything looked good. But did felt the power was less. The body weight was too much for that engine to get it rolled.

The D day arrived on December 5th 2014. Went to Showroom in the evening. The waiting time was not much. They were cleaning the car. Manager handed over the key. And now I am proud to be Fiatian.... Dream came true on this day.

Pictures will be followed shortly... IMAG0249(20141205-085706).jpg IMAG0250(20141205-085736).jpg
  2. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Well written! I recollect the same awe which me and my wife had when we did back2back test drives of punto emotion, 90 hp, avvy and linea. The fiat simply grew on us to the extent that we felt what is the need to check other cars!?? The sales rep asked us to sit in rear seat of a punto 90 HP and he drove and showed in a mix of roads by excellent maneuvering and showing high speeds in NH. What a feel man! It was like one white horse among all the other dark horses. Felt like king and queen!! That is fiat!
  3. Giridhar

Giridhar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Well said @KPR. You always feel King when you are fiatian. I am so much contented that cant express in words.
    bharath likes this.
  4. rohitsharma

rohitsharma Amatore

ahmedabad
    ahmedabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    cngrts bro.i do have same colour avvy and enjoying it fully.
    Giridhar likes this.
  5. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats for the Avvy and what a Great read :) Enjoy your Beast and Upload More Pictures
  6. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @Giridhar Congratulations !! on the Avvy.
    Now that its been an year and a half, how many KM's on the odo as on today. Please share your other experiences through the ownership as well. Please let us know how many times you have lost patience with the tail gate :smuggrin:.
    Also, check with FASC if the ECU on your car has the latest firmware version. From what I know some FASC's have been updating the firmware on some cars (Mid 2014 90 HP MJD's) which do not have the latest version. This update may help in improving the overall drive experience.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    Giridhar, KPR and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  7. Rama

Rama Amatore

Delhi
    Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Congrats !!!
  8. Giridhar

Giridhar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks Pradeep. Its 31K today. Reached this mark at a special destination none other than thirupathi. :).

Never ever lost patience with the tail gate. Infact I thought it would be cumbersome initially but never had an issue with it at all. May be couple of times I had the issue of opening because of parking spot.

Yes there are many to share with Avvy. Will keep my ownership thread updated as much as I can.

Thanks for the information Pradeep. Need to check with FASC for firmware update on ECU. But whether it would be available only with FASC? How about third party service centers like BOSCH? Can I approach them? I am no more comfortable with FASC in chennai. Their service is pathetic.
    Murphy_Fiat and PradeepM like this.
  9. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @Giridhar, I know that sometimes the service is questionable, but your car is still in warranty. I would strongly advice you to check with an alternate service center in Chennai if you had a bad experience with one of them.
    On the ECU update I mentioned about, this is only available at FASC.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  10. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congratulations @Giridhar for the awesome buy :)

Happy miles!