1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Beast on the Road:- Chevy Cruze with New FAM Z 2.0 VCDI VGT- Test Drive & Reviewv

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by BoseSuman, Nov 20, 2012.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Nice review b
    erall Chevrolet is Korean and dont expect good driv dynamics from Chevy cars. My pick from this segment would be Renault Fluence though it has less powerful diesel engine but it good looking and has good driving dynamics.
    1 person likes this.
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    when did GM became Korean ?
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I think he might have referred the Cruze to be Korean. Cruze is actually evolved from Daewoo Lacetti which is Korean. :)
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    I have a plan for next car within 2 years, If Fiat will provide 1.6 MJD2 or 1.9 MJD2, then it will be real Champ with Power and existing Ride-Handling-Drivability.

But no plans from Fiat, they are busy to revamp India plan.

I need to drive car with cruising speed:- 120>130>140>150>160, and pull need to be uniform. don't have a intention to touch 180-200 for a while and then reduced to 90-100. For me high-speed stability is driving with fast velocity ( Fast Speed too) not for a minute, but for more than 30 minutes constantly, and then see the behavior of the car.

In Punto I never drive more than 120-130 constantly, Fairly 140 couple of times and 150 for 10 sec once . I used to drive cruising velocity at 120-130 KMPH, and while cornering my velocity reduced to 75-85 so I am in power band to get the max torque.

As Fiat Punto is my First Car,and after using it with HPS, I don't think any Car with EPS I will feel great. Glad to see that Cruze comes with HPS and no difference I have encountered. But As a higher model Cruze needs more features those other also provided.
  5. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi Suman,

Thats a nice review about CRUZE. I would say Cruze is a VFM considerig the overall package.
    I have heard good things about Chevrolet customer satisfaction, especially in Hyd and your review suggests the same.

As for the FIAT Viaggio, I think it would be a segment higher than Cruze. I somehow feel so !!
    All the best for you plans and hope FIAT and other manufacturers bring good vehicles so that you will be spoilt for choice when you are ready to take the plung :evilsmile
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I know that we all love to do high speeds including me. But, do remember that anything above 120kmph is absolutely not safe on Indian Roads. Even though I have touched 180 in my Linea, that has not happened frequently and I was not able to do that speed consistantly. What is important is that the car should offer us great safety, confidence, and stability even if we drive beyond 100kmph. Even then, it will be a absolute disaster if any mishap happens at speed above 140 or 150 kmph.

And do remember that when our Government (if at all and trying to be optimistic :)) take road safety seriously we may not be able to drive at speeds more than 100 some day. In US, I am not able drive more than 70 mph (120+ kmph) so far. Driving at 180 kmph or 200 kmph is almost near to impossible in US. If caught, one may even end up in Jail.
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    My BIL's sister lives in Australia and they use a BMW. I asked them you people will be able to enjoy unrestricted speed because of better highways. They also told the same story. 100 or 120 kmph is the speed limit.
  8. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Why are we discussing about buying a car when you are going to purchase it in 1 - 1.5 years?! A lot more car's / refreshes will be in the market then, for all you know the entire segment may have undergone a complete change.