1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Badge Thread

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by sunswape, Jan 16, 2013.

1. ferobian

ferobian Amatore

Hosur
    Hi All,

Sorry was not able to post pics of my white horse which got abarth'd. First i should thank Rajan and a few others who helped me in getting the rear badge fitted. i had to grind off the heads and the pasted it using 3m double adhesive tape. Its all in place now. Also did some 3m carbon fibre vinyl job for the front and back and also changed the front grills to black.. My White Horse looks hot as ever now and alot of head turners ;)

Awaiting your feedback.

Let the pics do the talking now ;)
    20130719_162524.jpg
    20130720_122103.jpg
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Wow buddy, she is looking hot.

Question:

1. Kindly pour more info on getting grill black. Did u buy new 1s of Active version or got it painted? Where?
    2. Badges, sourced it off UK Ebay or what? Me too want to source it. Any help i can hope for?
    3. Cost of the vinyl work done especially the back side lower bumper part? Done @3M center?

Thanks
  3. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

As much as hot the offset front number plate looks, it is illegal. :)

I have the same bulgarian beard done on my 90HP too, but am retaining the legal number plate though it spoils the looks a bit.

@zen, search a bit, I have already posted links on where to buy the badges.

And I do not understand why you ask if he has painted or gone for active grilles? End result is the same.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes sir, i already searched it. Just wanted to know if he has sourced it or other way else.

The active version is the plastic one and doesnt look that good it seems. Imran got it recently. So wanted to know if he got it painted on the metal one.

On top of that, just for FYI. If i go for the actiive one, the SC wudnt take it back. So i have to go though selling it off to some one, which may or may not be that satisfying to me or i am too lazy to do that. So would prefer to get it painted so the stock one is good as it is rather than an Active variant which may be (i dont know) be of less quality.
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Ahem, Fiat provides only plastic grilles for the Punto. If your 90HP has a metal one, Fiat made them specially for you!
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Cheese (not being religious to use other 1), why do you always look out taunt on my lines? Seriously, not a welcoming behavior buddy. There is some thing more than this you could write.

Btw, i did not meant to say that mine is an metal one. I wanted to know if he got it on a metal grills. Which btw, upon closer inspection of the image i guess he is still on the plastic one. So my mistake i didnt took a very closer look at the grill picture. In other words, i first assumed that he has gone for a black metal grill as normally others do, hence the question.
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Guess I have grown old, my eyes cannot do a material study over jpeg images.:(

I would like to know who are those 'others' whom you are claiming to have metal grilles on the Punto.
  8. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I guess zen is refering to the honeycomb grill.

@zen, Fiat doesnot supply grills of different materials for different variants. Tomorrow if you need a new grill from Fiat, you will get a black grill (which is used on Active without paint) and you would then be required to paint it in silver/grey. Hope you get the picture.

And yes, Active and 90HP have the same quality of grills / bumpers / body and many more. Don't be in an illusion that lower variants mean lower quality. Lower variants have less features, thats all.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Kiran,
    Bro, you guessed it right. Thanks for not taunting ;)

As said sir, i dint know if the material were of different quality. As i had enquired with Imran bhai once when he got the black grills of Active variant, he had mentioned that its of plastic quality and of not that good. So i took a guess that that quality might be less.

Thanks for the clarification buddy. :)
  10. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @Zen Bro, i intentionally bought the black Active grille and now the car has black grille and black ORVMs. To me this looks better than the silver color on red shade of car.

Irrespective of active or emotion variant, the grille is made of plastic only. Its just the difference of color (i wasn't much fond of silver and hence chose black)

@N Kiran, bro, you get emotion (silver) grille as a spare, no need to paint the black grille. Cost of emotion grille would slightly be higher than the active, considering silver painting, it would almost be on par with the price that one would pay for silver emotion grille.

Cheers :thumbup:

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.