1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Badge Thread

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by sunswape, Jan 16, 2013.

1. ferobian

ferobian Amatore

Hosur
    Hi Rajan Thanks for the quick response. The measurements are as follows and also find pic below for reference.

Boot hole - 4.5 MM
    Badge Pins - 3.5 MM

Logo n Badge.jpg
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Three options:

1. Grind off the heads on the pins in the badge
    2. Enlarge the holes in the body with a drill bit dia 2 mm more than the existing hole
    3. Force the badge as is, with the holes as is, hoping the pins will accommodate a 1 mm flex.

I would go with option 1, as it is the least intrusive, with changes to a replaceable component. I am assuming that the spot where the pin meets the body of the badge is tapered and not stepped. A side profile picture of the pin, or a representative drawing would help. Also, isn't there supposed to be a rubber lining where the badge meets the car, or am I missing something?

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  3. ferobian

ferobian Amatore

Hosur
    Thanks for the options Rajan.
    I think i will go with option 1.
    Dont think enlarging the holes in the body is a good option and i highly doubt that pins can accommodate a 1 mm Flex because those pins are kinda not flexible

You are right, the spot where the pin meets the body of the badge is tapered

And about the rubber lining. Yes there are 2 Black Plastic Bush which fits in the hole on the boot and the 2 pins on the badge sits on the black plastic. My Fiat Badge was stolen by some moron and the same fellow took 1 Black Plastic Bush along with him, i just have the other one left. :A When checked with KHT, Vecto and True Sai they said they dont have stocks of the Plastic Bush.
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I doubt it if the thief would have taken just one bush. Did you check inside the door cavity? It might have fallen inside.

Rajan
  5. Prash1407

Prash1407 Amatore

Bangalore
    Reviving this thread....
    One of my friend who is also the owner of a Punto is travelling to Italy. Can anybody suggest shops or places where he can get the Abarth Logo's? Is there anything else which can be brought from there which would be costlier or not available in India?
    I tried searching for shops on the web but could not find any:(
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Your best option - Partsworld UK

Partsworld-UK | Abarth - Abarth badges

Second Option - EBay UK
  7. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    But the rear badge is too small to fit & need to fit with strong adhesive.

Why the boot badge is smaller than punto's boot badge?

Also found this for grande punto abarth,
    http://www.partsworld-uk.com/product/Abarth_tailgate_badge_735495890

Description is
    Tailgate badge as fitted to the Grande Punto Abarth.
    This will also fit the Fiat Grande Punto and Panda <2012
    This badge measures 85mm and had two locating lugs on the rear.

Guys who have the abarth badges could you please put some light on this??
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^,
    Even i am also thinking of abarting my babez. Karthik who has abarthed his car also mentioned the same link from where he procured and it seem to fit well both sides.
  9. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Could you please confirm with him as I saw the abarth badge on one of TFi member auditya & that is smaller than the the regular size.
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
    1 person likes this.