1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The APPLE Thread! A platform for all iTFIans

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by vvk007, Jan 1, 2013.

1. vvk007

vvk007 Amatore

Shimoga
    Apple Inc. formerly Apple Computer, Inc., is an American multinational corporation headquartered in Cupertino, California that designs, develops, and sells consumer electronics, computer software, and personal computers.

Its best-known hardware products are the Mac line of computers, the iPod, the iPhone, and the iPad. Its software includes the OS X and iOS operating systems, the iTunes media browser, the Safari web browser, and the iLife and iWork creativity and production suites.

The company was founded on April 1, 1976, and incorporated on January 3, 1977.

Source: Wikipedia

This thread is created solely to discuss about the Apple products and it's applications. The main intention of this thread is to help potential Apple buyers and also novice Apple Users. :)

My Request to hardcore Apple users to shower their ideas/techniques here

Mods: There was no specific thread for Apple products. So creating the new one

apple-logo.jpg
  2. vvk007

vvk007 Amatore

Shimoga
    I recently bought an iPad 4th Gen. Definitely, it claims all the adjectives. :wow

But, After 2 days of usage I found out that I cannot transfer any movies/videos to my new iPad from my Windows 7 PC. A quick search in Google gave me 3 options to transfer the files.

1. Use iTunes to add the file (Only possible for files of small size i.e., few PDFs and few mp3s)

2. Email the files to ourself and then download it in iPad. (25mb upload limit)

3. Use iCloud/Dropbox. I was literally speechless after reading this option.
    It says that I have to UPLOAD the whole file (movie of 700mb) to iCloud/Dropbox in my PC :eek: and then download the whole file (movie of 700mb) in my iPad :eek: That means If i have to see a movie in my iPad, I have to spend twice the time of downloading a movie just to copy it to my iPad. Do I have to do all these procedures just to watch a movie in iPad?

I request all the Apple users to help me with the 3rd option. Am I correct or Did i read something wrong?
    Also, Please help me with any alternatives for easier File Transfer!

Regards,
    Vikram Kamath
  3. vvk007

vvk007 Amatore

Shimoga
    Bump Bump !!!

Hey TFIans. No Apple lovers? Strange !
  4. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
  5. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    For transferring any format of video is possible in iOS devices.
    For this you should have some video converter which can convert any video files to iPod, iPad & iPhone format.
    After converting the same you can add the converted file to you iOS device via itunes.

This will not use any data plan of yours. :)
  6. vvk007

vvk007 Amatore

Shimoga
    Thanks for pointing me to the thread. Will look into it :)

I tried the same procedure with my laptop. Installed iTunes 11.0.1. But don't know how to transfer, Can you please tell me more elaborately?
  7. swgaan

swgaan Amatore

MH-46
    Panvel, Maharashtra
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1 person likes this.
  8. swgaan

swgaan Amatore

MH-46
    Panvel, Maharashtra
    Grande Punto 1.3
  9. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Yes, I am started downloading it just now.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have iPod touch, but apart from listening songs, I don't use any other features.
    I know it has almost all features of iPhone, except call.
    1 person likes this.