1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The all new FIAT VIAGGIO!!!

Discussion in 'Fiat Global News' started by Avinash, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Amazing, supersexy, fantabulous. I will take a double loan to buy this :)
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Correctly said ram. These attitude is part and parcel of being in Indian society. Look at marriage. The same question will be asked(dowry). Not a generalization. Exceptions are there. But we cannot neglect the general trend. Look at education. same question Kitna deta hein. This question is the deciding factor of indian society. Maruti understood it fully and Fiat hasn't understood it yet.
    2 people like this.
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    But then why does a Skoda Rapid/Vento or Verna sell for that matter. I would believe these are giving lesser mileage than the Linea. People are becoming aware of power and I'm saying this from my personal experience. They are also choosing either VFM package or choosing stuff with all bells and whistles. As someone has been pointing earlier in this thread what car does Fiat have for the enthusiasts to upgrade from Linea T-Jet or MJD. Linea is in it's 4th year here in India and all we saw was one motor 1.4 T-Jet, yes it's a fantastic one but given the price factor no body in his right mind will choose it and that too a Fiat. If there wasn't a price parity between Diesel and Petrol then 1.4 T-Jet will be flying off the shelves (Of course they need to market it). Given that the price parity isn't going to change in next couple of years why can't they give a power bump to Linea, By the time Fiat decides to bring a 1.6 MJD the price difference would have gone and Fiat will be back to square one.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    True Sun. And also, we can't completely blame Fiat that they have not given true power horse. They did give us the T-Jet. What is the result? While the ANHC is able to sell 4k+ units a months, T-Jet is not even able to sell 40 units a month. Fix these issues first and then think about bringing in Viaggio, 2.0 MJD, etc, etc.

I am telling this again. It is the brand perception that people are carried away. Fiat is untouchable brand for the general public. Even if Fiat decides to launch a car with 1.6 MJD or 2.0L MJD, who will buy this car? Only the current Fiat owners who look for an upgradation. How long Fiat can sustain in the market to sell cars only for the enthusiasts? They have to work towards clearing the untouchability that they have earned in the last decade to make the Aam Aadmi also buy a Fiat. Without doing this, Fiat cannot sustain in India.
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  5. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    A few more pics in flesh!!! Looks like a KILLER!!!

In Flamenco Red!!!

viaggio 4.jpg

Viaggio 5.jpg

In creamy white! Should be the BNW!!!

viaggio 3.jpg

Viaggio 6.jpg

Side profile

Side looks.jpg
    6 people like this.
  6. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    For now, it's 1.4 T-Jet in two state of tunes, 120hp and 150hp, mated to 5 speed manual gearbox, and 6 speed dual clutch transmission!
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    This is a successor to Linea. New Linea should have borrowed the grill from this one. Just look at the fiat logo. It is at the center of grill where in the new Linea it is awkwardly kept at the top.
  8. deepakhon

deepakhon Amatore

Bangalore
    The front reminds me of the Maserati GranTurismo, more visible in the white trim.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Bossa Nova White is gorgeous.
  10. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Don't worry Ram, they have sustained since 15 yrs for nothing, i doubt they will leave now. But who cares for those corporate stats. Now talk like a real FIATian (which is your true identity), instead of bla bla community:mrgreen:. we are the one who really mean business rather than skewing around with the things that is hardly matters when you drive one. Let's hope we get this one. If our good wishes kept them here for so long, it won't be a waste in future. One good wish with the open heart, without any logic but based on passion & compassion out counts the billions bad wishes. Just keep enjoying their machines & fantasize yourself with this one for future. they won't go anywhere.
    1 person likes this.