1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The all new FIAT VIAGGIO!!!

Discussion in 'Fiat Global News' started by Avinash, Apr 13, 2012.

1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Must say, Viaggio looks smashing:mischievous.
    It's clear that front headlights, grill, fascia & tail lights for Dodge Dart & Viaggio have been designed separate. But one can notice the same bonnet.

Keep that Linea in Turkey only & bring Viaggioooooo:p...!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Fiat.. bring it here. You have one buyer for sure. awesome it is.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  3. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    The car looks SMASHING!!

This is THE perfect upgrade to the Linea & Punto. Bring in the Freelander as well and Linea owner's wanting to upgrade to a SUV will have the option of doing that and still remaining in the Fiat family. The Chrysler deal has given Fiat the solution to it's problem of not having any upgrade to the Linea. Tune these Chrysler's and Dodge's to Fiat's level of dynamic's and we will have true challenger's to the Skoda and VW cars here.

BUT, and this is a very BIG but, if Fiat brings in the Viaggio here, we can safely expect it to be priced in entry D segment where it will battle it out with cars like the Skoda Laura , VW Jetta , Chevrolet Cruze , Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla. While the T-Jet motor in it's 150bhp avtaar is adequate to take on the 160bhp TSi from VW & Skoda, I feel launching this with the 1.6 MJD will kill this car. The diesel competition has bigger engines (2.0L for Cruze, Laura & Jetta) and for Fiat to convince buyer's to plonk in 17-18 lakhs for a Fiat, they will have to not just equal competition but better it. Better to skip the 1.6 MJD and go straight for the 2.0 MJD.

The Cruze will be upgraded to a 163bhp engine this year & by the time, the Viaggio makes it to India, VW would have upgraded the Jetta & Laura to the 2.0L 170bhp units so it would make sense for Fiat to bring in the 2.0 MJD with 170bhp. The Viaggio is after all a Alfa Romeo Giulietta and the Alfa is powered by the 2.0 MJD in Europe. . I say it makes better sense to get the Viaggio here with the 2.0 engine. As I understand, this engine can pump out 190bhp as well. Keeping finger's crossed!

Another reason for a bigger engine is to convince buyer's to over look the chink in the Viaggio's armour - interiors. The Dart's interior's are pretty average which is fine since it's a entry level sedan in North America but in China & India Fiat will have to upgrade it's interior's if they want to successfully sell it here. This is also Fiat's weak link and they will have to work some of the magic they show in desgining exterior's into the interior's as well. Remember, if people do not approve of your Linea / Punto interior's then how would they accept the Viaggio's interior's if they aren't spruced up compared to the Dart?
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Amit, It's a FIAT Freemont (Dodge journey actually). But looks like it has to be Jeep Avatar. You know why, SUV from Fiat in India:confused: looks a bit on the loser side but instead from Jeep:p
    2 Ltr MJD is capable of 190 Hp & they are holding it for next year/version upgrade.
    T jet has become multiair with 170 HP (i would assume that they put this engine instead of old Tjet in this car). That would/does kill TFSIs any day any place any aspect.
    Yep, we can be optimistic for sure.
    1 person likes this.
  5. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Thanks for the correction about the Freemont.

JEEP SUV's will be CBU ones and frankly only the Grand Cherokee makes sense for India. Freemont can be priced against the Fortuner & Endevour.

Yes, my mistake, the Dart comes with the 1.4L 160bhp Multiair engine and clearly, Fiat will have the same motor powering the Viaggio. To earn some brownie points, Fiat can bring in the 2.4L Multiair 184bhp engine too :)
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Well, we all have too much of expectations from Fiat for the future.

Fiat, are you listening??? Wake up guys wake up.
    testdrive likes this.
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Amit even more intersting the fact is it's torque. It's 184 lbft. That 2.5 ltr-3 ltr petrol's torque. It will be fun to drive because of that huge torque shots. One doesn't need to revv. it to eternity for fun, just like Diesels. That Multiair should be more than enough for sub 8 secs timings.

For Jeeps, i will rather favor Wrangle/Liberty for India to compete with Fortuner/captiva/santa Fe etc. Cherokee is just too over engineered even in it's base variant (3.6 ltr petrol, 292 HP). Even Wrangler has that 3.6 ltr 290 HP as one of it's variant but avoiding that, 2 ltr diesels will absolutely rock in these vehicles in India.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2012
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

I find Dart's rear really most charming & gorgeous for all C/C++ segments cars i have seen so far. There is an issue with Viaggio however. Though it looks fantastic, the number plate has been swept back up on the boot:A. The typical AR's design theme has been number plate swept down on the rear bumper which most of the modern/executive cars has opted for. Dart continues that but Viaggio messes it up. Why FIAt why?? It would be a breathtaking saloon if you have continued that theme here.

Dart rear 1.jpg Dart's rear.jpg
    3 people like this.
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    The same tyoe of Rear light has been given for the New Dodge Charger, It looks Awesome.
    Fiat get the Viaggio, You will sure;y have a gud market share
    1 person likes this.