1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The all new FIAT VIAGGIO!!!

Discussion in 'Fiat Global News' started by Avinash, Apr 13, 2012.

1. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

true but if we observe our market, 8 lakh sedans have gone up to 14 and 13 lakhs.

the verna when first released was 9.3 on road top end with all four disc brakes.
    now that class has moved on- verna now costs 13.8 lakh for the auto gear box. i'm not sure about the price, it can be much more too. you can put vento, rapid and fiesta in that class too. i dunno what name we have to give to this class of cars.

our 1.6 multijet is 120 bhp with 290nm of torque.( verna is 126 bhp with 265nm torque, vento and rapid are 110 bhp and 250 nm each) so our 1.6 with fgt is well in this range.
    what i actually meant was, this car ( vaggio) can come to india with the 1.6 multijet( 120 bhp with fgt) and the 1.4 tjet and the top end can be at a showroom price of 12 lakh which would bring it to 14 lakh on road. given this conditions this car can prove a point- because our market has moved on from cute curves to muscular lines. and i bet my guts that this car has got loads of muscle in it. ofcrse even the dodge dart too.

but if we want this car to fight with laura civic and corolla, this has to come with the 1.6 multijet with vgt which develops 320 nm of torque which is very high and can easily humiliate the above cars. but the cicvic 1.6 d might be a good competetor though....
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

I think FIAT can improve their position with the 1.4 Multi air better than 1.6 simply because they can start an adv campaign about the benefits of multi air.. I'm sure its going to be a head turner.
    Its green and its quite powerful as well.
    But they will definitely be thinking of de-tuning it to indian conditions.
    Also that being said I think new car or not unless they work on making an impact in the A.S.S FIAT is going no where in India.
    I dont understand why MR Rajeev does not get this point.
    Is it just that tough to gather a good A.S.S?, I wonder
  3. royj

royj Esperto

The rear is fine.. I am not that impressed with the front view though..
  4. ameysane

Dear FIAT,

But please take care of that BUTT

yes, this is Dodge Dart in profile view.
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  5. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

The article on zigwheels says that Fiat has a 50:50 joint venture with a chinese automobile firm ! FIAT cannot be sucesssful as others if it follows the 50:50 strategy on all asian markets !!

If this comes to India from China, i hope this does not get a perception of being a Chinese car ! :) I wonder how would FIAT position this in India though ! the volumes will be very low if it is positioned as a C+ segment car... it would be interesting to look at.
  6. FIAT is not going to bring out nay new engine until 2015 as they may not benefit from new engine in JV with TATA,it will be like Vista/Manza with 1.6 MJD or 1.4 Multiair and FIAT branded cars will not gain any thing from sales.
  7. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    It can't be!!! If this Viaggio is ''supposed'' to hit the Indian market, then definitely it won't be positioned in the C segment, as they already have Linea with 1.3 and 1.4 engine.

So definitely they'll be positioning it in the next higher segment, and if that's so, definitely they will plonk in the 1.6 MJD, being directly imported, just like how the T-Jet is being imported here in India.

So just like 1.4 T-Jet, 1.6 MJD won't be used by TATA or Suzuki India. But can't be sure of Suzuki, as they already have the pattern rights for 1.6 MJD which is being used by them in the European markets!
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Dodge dart or Viaggio? Who cares as far as it's the same car with AR roots. Bring it on!!
    I loved it's looks, I know it's a damn hoot to drive & i may surrender my 90 HP before it's lease is over.
    Let it come through.... The true spiritual evolution of 90 HP in 2 Ltr MJD :cool
  9. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

The front grill is now becoming the trade mark of FIAT i think.For the new Linea now Viaggio.
  10. fiat-viaggio-new-images-released_2.jpg fiat-viaggio-new-images-released_3.jpg
    6 people like this.