1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The 2013 Jet arrives home

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by ilblr, Aug 29, 2013.

1. ilblr

Hi all,

My first post and I am giving the good news. I just took delivery of my T-Jet Emotion Black yesterday in Bangalore.

It was not a very difficult decision to make but here is a brief overview. I am not technical when it come to cars. But I can still feel it when I drive a good car.

I had been driving my Ford Fusion + since 2006 (the original petrol). It has been great owning it till now and never faced any issues other than minor niggles and service issues. But since it was 7 1/2 years now and crossed around 61K it made sense for me to hand it over. So, started the search for a new vehicle in the 10-15 lacs segment with no reservation among sedans or SUVs.

1. Good performance, ride, handling
    2. Above average interior
    3. Petrol preferred but not closed to good Diesel
    4. Not concerned about 'kitna deti hai'
    5. 5 seater. Don't need a people mover (ruled out all MUVs)
    6. Safety features
    7. Of course needs to look good

Took a few test-drives as follows.

Honda City VMT - Went to Whitefield Honda near to where I stay. The showroom was full being a weekend but was quickly attended to. I was offered a test drive in 20 mins. Meanwhile I get the Honda car exchange person to inspect my current car and do a valuation. The test drive was a short one on the ring road. I liked the peppy engine and the ride as well. But it somehow felt like a tin can coming from a background of driving a Ford for the last few years. The interior was okay and I did not have any issues. Overall a good car with a good price with offers going on. Kept it on my list of candidates. I was told I would be informed on my current car value in a couple of hours so I leave. Did not get the call back till the next few days for the valuation of my car and also never from the sales person. A bit surprised.

Duster 85ps - Went to the Renault showroom and was quickly attended to. Took a little longer to get the test drive but finally did. So, another round in the ring road with top-end 85ps. Nice ride and handling. Did not feel like a diesel at all even though I test drove Honda City back-to-back. Quite a good city car considering the size. Asked the sales person to send over the True-Value person to my residence for evaluation of my Ford. Never came. I get a follow-up call from the sales person after a few days once I am done booking my new car :smile:. Overall a good car but overpriced. Lack of safety features on the low ends of 110ps.

Safari Strome - Went to the Aadya Motors showroom in Nagwara from the office with a colleague. Test-drive available immediately. Take a quick one again on the ring road. I was quite impressed the way I could drive a really large car the first time itself. It was easy to drive and I liked the ride. But my colleague sitting on the passenger side complained of body-roll. The sales person was quick to point out that it is still much more improved than the previous Safari. I could only imagine the ride on the old Safari. Overall I think I could still manage to drive this comfortably but felt it overpriced (16 lacs OTR Bangalore for top end 2x4), interior just average for a costly car. Get a follow-up call from the sales person after 25 days once my booked car landed in the dealer stockyard.:grin:

Skoda Laura - Went to Vinayak Skoda near Marathahalli. Small empty showroom with only their own people. One Rapid and another Laura inside the showroom. The receptionist hands over the brochures. No one is interested to sell. I was finally offered a Dec 2012 model lying in their stockyard with l.5 lacs discount. I could only imagine my plight after buying the car with the experience in the showroom itself. Left this at that itself.

Linea T-Jet - Called the landline for Fiat Caffe, Domlur. Sale manager Syed picks up the phone and offers a test drive next day at 4 pm. He comes a bit late with his car evaluator next day with a Dynamic. I had asked for a Emotion TD. But nevertheless we take the car out and what can I say. It had everything the other cars I test drove. It was quick (so was the Honda City), the ride, handling, above average interior, large boot space and reasonable back seat legroom. The high command commented she felt very secure in this one. A first among all the above. The little one liked it as well. It was an easy one to decide.

So, finally I handed my booking amount on August 6. I was told that it takes a couple of weeks. Meanwhile, I kept in touch with Syed to get my VIN and the update on dispatch from Pune. It got delayed for some truck vendor issue. I got worried and let Syed know that I need to get the VIN to make sure I am getting a new vehicle. Finally, he gets hold of the Pune folks and hands me the VIN. Its August 2013 manufactured. Waited another week for the car to reach Bangalore and finally did my PDI on August 26. Everything looked fine. Handed over my old vehicle on August 28 and took home the new one.

With all these, I came to another conclusion that most cars that you get these days are made to a standard and have no issues. It is the experience of the sales process that helps in deciding what you for. At least for me. Kudos to Syed and Tauseef from the Fiat Caffe for being very helpful during the purchase process although there were some delays. Overall I had a very good experience with the purchase.

Pictures are coming later as soon as I get some time.
    7 people like this.
  2. navi_tjet

Congratulations ilblr for getting your Jet. What color did you opt for? It is indeed the most amazing cars in this product category and you can't set your eyes on anything else once you test drive Tjet. Wish you many happy and safe miles.
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Congrats dude. You forgot the pics ye?
  4. ilblr

Thanks guys. It is Hip Hop Black. Pictures are coming. Have not had time yet to take some good ones and also running on a slower bandwidth.
  5. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Many Many Congratulations ilblr , black will be a stunner for sure , eagerly looking forward to more details and most importantly pictures :)
  6. limraj

limraj Superiore

Linea 1.3
    That is how the high command is !!

This is applicable for many. That is how the Hyundai's sell more in Bangalore than anywhere else.
    [Bangalore used to have more Hyundai products during Santro days, I am not very sure of the current status]
  7. navi_tjet

If you don't mind can you please share the offers/discounts on your Jet and how much was total OTR price?
  8. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    its raining Tjets here.. and in my fav color, black!! congrats.... lets the pics tell the story.. where are they ????
    atleast one new Tjet thread is opening up over the last week !!! glad its making an impact with no promotion or ads !!!
    1 person likes this.
  9. ilblr

@linraj thanks.
    @navi - The standard august offers
    Exchange offer - 1 lac
    RSA - 3500/-
    Corporate discount - 3000/-
    Reverse parking sensors (yet to be fitted as no stock)

Time for some initial pictures. Please excuse the quality as taken from my phone camera.

During the PDI:
    First stop after the delivery at the temple.
    13 people like this.
  10. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

WOW WOW WOW!!! I guess this is the 5 or 6th T-Jet booked/owned this month here. Amazing!!!!
    Black ROCK!! but it requires little extra care!