1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thankx fiat for making such Strong cars.

Discussion in 'Safety First!' started by prabhoda, Nov 10, 2014.

1. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Reading your description, i just recollected my bad day which turned out to be the luckiest for me. "FIAT saved a life, Do you own it" should be the tag line for FIAT.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Its good to know that the occupants of the Punto were safe and came out with minor/no injuries. I could see some bad driving by the Punto guy, switching lanes at 80kmph is asking for disaster. He should ideally slowed down to respectable speed limits and changed lanes. I wouldnt know if while going off road, applying hand brake would have helped stop and prevent the rollover.

@prabhoda Hats off to you for being a responsible citizen and rushing to the victim's car. In such cases an effort to help remains etched in the memory for long. Keep up the good work.
    Dr Nitin Dutta and limraj like this.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    My guess is it would have turner 180 degree or more on the spot before rolling over and worst towards the opposite lane if speed was excess of that. Hand-brakes are used for quick turning tricks by drivers for special maneuvers, of course on special tracks or controlled or known conditions.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 11, 2014 ---
    The speed was too much and accident was pretty much imminent, due to combination of errors and conditions.
  4. acechip

acechip Superiore

Let me say this- my 2008 Swift Dzire was not very badly built. In fact I felt it was decently solid, if not Fiat-ish Solid. I am not sure if the Swift build quality has deteriorated post 2011 in the quest of fuel economy.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    When I go to the UK and Europe, which I do at least once a year, I make it a point to sample if i can cars of all brands, esp those models also offered in India. I can confirm that the build quality of a UK Suzuki Swift is at least 50% better than an Indian one. And that a UK new Honda Jazz feels a 100% tougher built than a new Indian Honda City (that is Jazz-based).

Needless to say on TFi: a UK or Turkish or Spanish Punto/Linea feel no tougher-as-nails than an Indian one.
  6. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    In most of the accident "everything that ends well then it has to be FIAT!!" :D
    prabhjot likes this.