1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thankx fiat for making such Strong cars.

Discussion in 'Safety First!' started by prabhoda, Nov 10, 2014.

1. prabhoda

prabhoda Timido

bangalore
    Hi Friendz,

This incident happend on 8th Nov 2014, We were driving in my brother's ford figo on the banglaore - Shimoga state highway, At about 9 45AM we were over taken by a red Fiat punto and I was telling my brother that punto has more power than figo and trying to pull in leg as I have a fiat punto and often we end up in long discussions on punto vs figo .

The red punto was about 100 feet before our car and we were doing about 80km/hr and all of a sudden the red punto car moves into sudden left side and and goes on loose muddy patch of the road and we could see that the car rolled over 2 times, could see all the four tires up in the air when the car was rolling and the car landed on the in a ditch of about 5 feet. All this happened right in front of my eyes as I was in the co passenger seat. The immeidate thing that struck our mind was about the casuality of the passengers, we immediately stopped the car and rushed to the punto car fearing the worst, but we could see that the driver is waving his hand that he is fine and we immediately called some passerby and tilted the car so that the dirver could get out of the car. The driver was still strapped on with his seat belt. We gave him some water and made him over come the shock of the accident.

Just went around the car for a visual inscpection of the car, there was just minor dent on the left side, Front left door was jammed but with bit of force we could open it so that the driver could come out. Front bumper was cracked and the headlights were also borken. Due to the impact the rear left tier was broken and was struck in the mud,there was no structural damage at all the shell of the car was as it was. just minor paint peeling off and minor dents on the sides but all the metal parts were just intact with dents here and there.

My brother & father just jumped in to say the driver is alive just because of the fiat and had it been any maurthi/Ford/Hyundai the car would be just like a crumpled paper.

Then gave the driver the fiat RSA number and even the dealer numbers of vecto,KHT,Aadya motors and ask him if could call them on behalf of him as he was still in a state of shock. But the driver said that this punto was not his but his friends and the has borrwed if from him as his honda city has gone for a service.So he said that he will call his friend and will do what his friend in bangalore says and they had a discussion over the phone as to what to do next, the driver later thankx us and asks us to leave as his friends will be driving from bangalore along with some crane and a tow vehcile. Even the driver of the punto car said he is alive only because it was fiat and not even his honda city could have survived this impact.

Really thankx a lot for fiat for making the car so strong. Now my whole family has decided that we wil recomand only fiat car for eveyone in our relatives, My mom and brother now day that I did a very bood thing that i broght in fiat car, and my brother says " Go to hell with the milage if we are alive thats more than enuf" and says next year when he gets promotion and eligible for company car he will sell his 1 year old figo an buy a fiat.
  2. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    one has to experience the feel of FIAT, Few things we cant express in the words and even people cant understand. We had a chit chat in our friends group, After these NCAP ratings also people are praising the SWIFT, I dont what is there in SWIFT. May be i need to experience that:=)
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2014
  3. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks for sharing your experience with the group. I think this experience should go to wider public to feel reality of FIAT and it justify the "BUILT LIKE A TANK" proverb.
  4. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Very unfortunate at the same time lucky to be in fiat. But what was the reason for the accident? Lost control? Any animal jumped in front?
  5. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Well this was one of the reasons I bough a Fiat. Everytime I/my family travels in our Punto I am at peace knowing that the chances of us coming out alive in case of any unfortunate accident is relatively more. Thats more important to me that other samll niggles or A.S.S issues that Fiats are usually associated with.
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. prabhoda

prabhoda Timido

bangalore
    The driver lost control. He had put his left side indicator and i think he was trying to stop the car, but as he went down the road, he should have lost the control of the car as there were few stones lying on the road sides and the car would have slided over the stones and before he control the car the car was in a roll and was ultimately landed in a ditch. It was an Active varitent, so no ABS. Had it been ABS i feel the driver would have been able to control the car. There was no animal nor any obstructions in front and the driver was intending to park the car in the left side of the road as he had switched on the left indicator.
    mchanna likes this.
  7. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    That was very unfortunate, but thank God all is well; with all credits to God and FIAT.

As suggested by others, this thread should reach to wider audience.
    We can request mods to put this thread in FB/twitter under tfi account if possible.
    prabhjot, kunwar.g and Crazy Fiatian like this.
  8. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Good to note that you are all safe even after such a horrible accident. Thank God and good that the car is sturdy to save you all.

Hope you have all recovered from the shock and are moving on
  9. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Glad to know that everyone is safe. One more incident which highlights safety of Fiats. As folks have already mentioned before, this should go to FB page of Fiat.
  10. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    I Think this thread go straight to our TFI Home page first.