1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thanks to Everyone for Helping me to Book the T-Jet! Emotional!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ashoka12, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    MJD and its turbo will ensure you have power required for your hilly terrain. If you haven't driven a diesel vehicle, I suggest you read few posts from our SMEs on this forum and I am certain you will enjoy your car for ever.
  2. C_S

C_S Amatore

Bangalore
    As far as i know i do not believe that Fiat will not take bookings for Black color. I recently got my HH Black Tjet and had to listen to a lot of such stories(read the thread where i have updated my buying experience), before i got the vehicle.

All that may have happened is there would be a delay since the dealer would not have placed the order although you have booked it. If you have liked the Tjet, i would suggest you stick with it. I have driven the MJD of my relative over long drives, I believe the Tjet is more enjoyable to drive.

May be some of the SMEs on the forum can throw light on how this is possible, from my perspective, Tjet is more fun compared to MJD immaterial of the terrain ( also both are very capable engines).
  3. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    My guess is that they want to clear all the existing stock of T jets before they place an order for a new one. Since it’s been one month does it mean the dealer is only now raising an order for your car for Fiat to reject it now? Sounds pretty fishy to me.
    Both the MJD and T Jet are great vehicles and will surely keep you happy no matter what the load or terrain is like. The difference is only in the refinement and the way the power is delivered, the T jet should be more fun because it has a little bit more power and discs all around which should help things in the ghats. My two cents would be to tell the dealer that you want the T Jet in black and if they say that Fiat is not accepting bookings for black please ask them to give to you in writing and try following it up with Fiat.
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Write to FIAT to take confirmation.
    200% chances is that sales person is trying to push out his Black MJD.
    FIAT with such a low load, it is almost doing custom development kind of work. You place order and they will be more than happy to produce one for you
    :)
  5. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Ashok, definitely the dealer is trying to give away his old stock. I just checked withe dealer I have taken my new car yesterday and he says that FIAT is taking black T-jet and this dealer is having a black T-Jet (dynamic black) readily available, so looks like the dealer is not telling you a proper update and that too after 1 month of waiting :(. He should have missed to book his order in FIAT or he would have given the booked car to someone else and wants you to take the MJD car or wait for the current booking is delivered.

In my opinion, only the 4 disk breaks in T-Jet can make a difference in breaking otherwise, both T-Jet and MJD are good in power and comfort.
  6. ashoka12

ashoka12

India
    Hi Dhaya,
    Thanks for your feedback. I had booked for emotion black. The dealer told me that he got email from Fiat saying black will take till end of november or something. Since I am from chennai originally I asked my family to check out RDC motor for Black T-jet emotion and there also I got same story that ordering black emotion will take time due to some changes.

Btw I got the VIN number for the MJD, it is MCA110HDB09032766HKZ ( August 2013 make ). After about 1.15L discount making the OTR close to 9.9L. It looks attractive offer and it is a hip hop black.

I m a bit bored of the wait :) so I might get the MJD and celebrate Diwali with it!

If there is some one in Kolkata this Saturday who can help me with the PDI, I would really appreciate it a lot! Its my first car and I am not sure how to go about the PDI.

Regards
    Ashok

Thanks
    Ashok

- - - Merged Post - - -

Hi Guys,

Ok. just now I heard from Satish from RDC that production is picked up again for Black and If I book now I can get it in 20 days. Which is another long wait now :)
    He did say that Dynamic is in stock, but I really prefer emotion for the 16" alloys look so nice!

Anyways, so basically I might just go with what is available now to save the wait :)
    Cheers
    Ashok
  7. ashoka12

ashoka12

India
    Hi Guys,

Today I went and did the PDI of the Fiat Linea MJD emotion Hip Hop Black at Garodia Motors Kolkata.

The experience has been really very good today and I was very happy!
    The car was showing H39 on the ODO and overall everything was looking great with clean and crisp looks.

I started that the car inside the dealer and pressed the accelerator a couple of times while doing the PDI and noticed black soot on the floor of the dealer after that. They told me that because I acceelerated.. Is it normal to see soot on the floor after accelerating in neutral?

I will post a detailed buying experience and experience with the Dealer after I get delivery on Wednesday.

Regards
    Ashok