1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thanks to Everyone for Helping me to Book the T-Jet! Emotional!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ashoka12, Oct 7, 2013.

1. ashoka12

ashoka12

India
    Hi Guys,

I am living in Siliguri and I had planned to buy a car a couple of months back. This will be my first car. I have driven cars before(rentals and borrowed) but never owned one.
    Was gonna go for a sedan anyways and VW has a dealership here near city center and took a look at the Vento. Did not TD but the pricing looked high.

Then I started reading the forums about Linea T-jet and this car just fits the bill to a T! I loved the detailed descriptions and passionate reviews. It sure seemed like the car to own. I love driving and plan to drive many miles on it. Sad part though was that no Fiat delaership in Siliguri!

Now, what to do though, as I was smitten :) I just asked my dad who lives in Kolkata to visit Garodia motors and book the T-Jet Emotion in Hip Hop Black color. Dealership is Garodia Fiat who have a new showroom and offered 25K discount + 10k in accesories.
    Total price without rto costs come to 9.23 Lakhs.

Friends, I need some help with the registration details. Should I register in Kolkata under my Dad's name and drive it to Siliguri or should I do temporary registration in Kolkata and then register it here. The dealer said I can do both.
    Also how much does registration cost in both these places.
    Seems like I will be paying a total of 9.8 L OTR .

My vehicle should be coming on Oct 15th or so and I am still waiting for the VIN number .

Will update soon.

Best Regards
    Ashok
    4 people like this.
  2. Congratulations on your new car,please takebcar ofbthe carbduring run-in period.
    Get the car registered in the same state where you live.
    1 person likes this.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Congratulations Ashok.

Regarding registrations, since both cities are in the same state, either should be fine. Though i'd like the Kolkata registration - it sounds cooler :)
    1 person likes this.
  4. Shri1972

Shri1972 Amatore

Pune
    Congratulations !!! Good decision !
    Look forward for snaps of the black beauty.

Shrinivas Patil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  5. ashoka12

ashoka12

India
    Hi Everyone, Thanks for the wishes. I booked on 19 Sep and Still waiting for Garodia Fiat from Kolkata to give me the VIN # or even the date of arrival for the car.
    They are saying one of their SM's is on leave and must wait till monday to find out when it is going to come.

Any one else experiencing delays in T-jet? Initially I was told that car will arrive in 2 weeks.

Thanks
    Ashok
  6. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hi ashoka12, Congratulations for booking Fiat Linea. I booked fiat linea MJD emotion tuscan wine color and they delivered it today. There was a delay for me as well, but spoke to manager and speed up the delivery. You need to keep in touch with the SM and the sales guy frequently to make sure that they allot the vehicle asap.
  7. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Congratulations.
    It should be true love for the car, which has made you forget that you will have to travel hundreds of kilometers for even a small spare.
  8. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Congratulations Ashoka for booking Linea T-Jet Emotion Hip Hop Black.Waiting to see your car's pics & ownership review.Reading at the title i think you are very Emotional to this car& brand.:p
  9. ashoka12

ashoka12

India
    Hi Dhaya,
    Thanks for the suggestion, I will speak to the dealer tomorrow and hopefully they can deliver soon!

Yea Bala, that's right it is really love for the car and love is blind :)

Thank you Nadeem.
  10. ashoka12

ashoka12

India
    Hi Guys,

I got an update form Dealer. One month after the booking, the dealer called me up today and told me that I cannot have the black colour. The reason is FIAT are not taking bookings for Black it seems :(

So he told me to change colour which I am not happy with and also I have to wait again after placing order again.

Another option is the MJD in black which he says is in Stock and is August make.

I am awaiting the final pricing OTR for the MJD, he said there is some good discount on this.

Guys, How is the MJD power ? I will be driving heavily in Darjeeling area and Sikkim. Wil the engine power be a problem with 4 passengers and going uphill etc.

Thank you
    Ashok