1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI's very own spares management system, call for ideas

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by theblack, May 16, 2012.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

I do agree with a lour of comments .
    AFAIK some parts can be taken across the counter,
    Some parts are available via dealers so in getting that would make it even.
    Even I'm not Sure of certain things but I thought it will a good idea to propose and see how it goes
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Your intention is good, theblack. But, just think from a layman's perspective who happens to see this. He will for sure think that getting Fiat spares is difficult. He would not be ready to experiment and end up with other brands.

Note:- I am not against helping fellow TFI'ians. I will always be happy to do that :).
  3. royj

royj Esperto

I tend to agree. Adhoc systems can create a bad impression.
    However if we can create or help create a proper online procurement system supported by various TASS/FASS or suppliers like Kava and centrally controlled preferably by FIAT can create a definite positive impression.
    1 person likes this.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Adding one point in case some tfians are not aware of this:
    When queried for some part, the software at any TASS Spares counter gives the complete information about which all TASSs in India are having that particular part in stock.

This is quite helpful atleast in cases where there are multiple TASSs in most of the big cities.
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

shams, yes i agree ..
    Anyway contacting FIAT to have an online inventory seems a bit far fetched but it definitely is an idea that FIAT can think about .
    Also what is the big deal in selling parts over the counter, i dont understand.
    Its not like I will take a FIAT hose and shove it into a Benz. I believe if every TASS is interconnected in the country (perhaps city wise then state wise) it will serve the purpose well, isnt it?

I can sit at home take a look at the parts ask them to be delivered to my nearest TASS(I will take care of the shipment) once arrived i can book an appointment and get it fixed.
    This is apart from what the TASS inventory guys do. So since everyone is pitching in i feel its a good approach..
    Hopefully FIAT would think about it
    2 people like this.
  6. Alec8100

Nice ideas.I'd never heard of them before.
    This is a very useful information that will be referenced long into the future.
    Everything is completely true.I totally agreed what's said above.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

What I was talking about in my previous post is not an idea that can be implemented. The system is already available at all TASSs. We can ask them to check the availability of any part anywhere in India and they will tell you. what i have experienced, in most of the cases the concerned part is available in atleast one of the SCs in the city.

And about over the counter sales, its not that Fiat decides not to do that. It is done/not done by the individual dealers.
    In bangalore Concorde dairy circle sells parts OTC. KHT has never denied me any part OTC. Prerana, i got to know offlate has stopped OTC sales.