1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI's very own spares management system, call for ideas

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by theblack, May 16, 2012.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Today I was speaking to a fellow TFI'an about spares and how difficult it is to get it in time with FIAT and all the other consequences of spare parts delay.
    Then it struck to us that we can have our own spares management system.

Here is how it works.
    1.) I have an immediate requirement for spares ( eg, brake pads) and contact my local TASS and they say parts are not available and will take at least a week or two to arrive.
    2.) So what I do is to contact TFI and quote my request, either in part number or through a photo
    3.) Fellow TFI'an check if its available in their respective states TASS or an authorized dealer of FIAT spares
    4.) If parts are available the guys can intimate in the same post of the availability and the people can buy/ship the product directly to the required party.

(The cost might be slightly higher than what TASS might charge because of private shipping but i think its worth the money than having to wait ages)
    We can work on this idea if its found feasible and probably come up with some sort of a spread sheet where folks can address their part...

In fact one can use "Smartsheet" so that Its visible to all and there is no need to intimate also.. Just a new entry can send mails to all TFI'ans and we can get to work helping our fellow members.

Smartsheet is only free for 30 days.. But i can design something like this and put it up on my local server for everyone to access, (or TFIs own server if we have)
    2 people like this.
  2. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    Excellent idea ..go ahead...
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @theblack - Most of the Fiat spares (from Uno to Palio to Punto to Linea) are readiliy available with Kava, Mumbai. Once you order and transfer the amount, they ship the part the same day.

The question is whether the TASS will accept the part brought in by the customer?

No offense meant but if we start doing this, a new visitor to the site will get the impression that the perception of unavailability of spares only for Fiat cars will become true.
    Last edited: May 16, 2012
    3 people like this.
  4. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Superb Idea @theblack... Just do it... after all we are here to help each other...

@ram... I dont think that TASS would deny if we are using genuine parts and if we have invoice for the said parts... and New members would take it positively that by any chance if in case of unavailability of parts, I have so many friends to help me from all over India which wont be the case for any other Asian Toy Maker company...

Cheers... :up
  5. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I think it's a good idea.
  6. abhinav

abhinav Novizio

Mumbai
    Brilliant idea @theblack...face this unavailability of parts so many times....
    Just one concern (which I faced at Hyderabad) as far as know TASS is not allowed over the counter sales, for everything they have to open a job card. Is this correct?
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You are right about it. Unless you know persons over there, you can't get the spares out of TASS over the counter.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I join with ram. Let TFI be a forum to discuss the about Fiat. I think we are in a comfortable position,although not the best, regarding spares. We can of course help each other but not on TFI platform. Biggest problem is the people's perception. If we keep a ladder next to a monkey what it will do? Exactly people will do the same thing.Any way the idea is great but we don't have plenty of mature car buyers.
    1 person likes this.
  9. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    1 sugeestion to this one. If we can get a person(like adit from KHT blore) from each of the service center and they will tell about the spare part availabilty. Because its difficult for us to contact TASS every time for the spare part availabilty. And people like us can ask TASS people to register(atleast a person from one Service center) in TFI to check these things.

> Is it possible to create a tab for this so that they can directly go and check for these kind of things with all the details(like contact nos of the all service centers,name and the contact no of the person who needs the spare part). So that they both can talk directly.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    TASS guy registering in TFI and think of he is getting :punch:hit:boxer:lol :evilsmile and finally he will say :bye
    1 person likes this.