1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI'ans please check this out. "Can 'WE' change the current scenario of FIAT India?"

Discussion in 'Fiat Global News' started by Avinash, Nov 5, 2011.

1. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    every damn auto manufacturer(incl TATA) here ....Gosh why no FIAT india?

Auto-expo
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  2. abhinav

abhinav Novizio

Mumbai
    Hi All,

This thread is quite close to my heart because as small boy I wanted to write to the then Premier Automobiles Ltd. to up their ante when Maruti 800 was launced. While it is definitely disappointing to see fewer Puntos and Lineas on the roads (and also live with the newspaper bias of not reporting Fiat India's sales numbers, we can still take pride given that FIAT engines run Maruti and now will also be powering the Premier Rio.
    Quoting ToI - Nov 30, 2011 "Maruti is in the final stages of buying diesel engines from Fiat to meet the growing demand for its diesel cars, though the deal requires an approval from Tata Motors.".

Well yes Premier stands to gain more from the FIAT engine, but I feel that Rio would be worth considering with 1.3 MJD.

Not to forget TATA is actually riding on FIAT engines. So guys if we carefully see, its FIAT all around us.

The only worry I have with FIAT cars is the availability of spares and quality control of the cars (fit and finish). I like Amogh's idea of sending a presentation and keep repeatedly doing this so that the management does something about the way we feel.

Thanks,

Abhinav
  3. Prashant

Prashant

Pune
    In India Resale value of a car as perceived in the market usually reflects upon and also builds the reputation of a car manufacturer. This may be one of several reasons why Fiat has not achieved large volume of sales but certainly this is one point that cannot be ignored for long.
    Value estimates for a used Linea or Punto by "experts" from external agencies such as Maruti TrueValue usually can shock Fiat car owners. The reasons they come up with for the low valuation can be equally atrocious like "Fiat comes with defective engines":eek: to which we need to remind that Maruti sources diesel engines from Fiat, which these grossly uninformed guys are blissfully unaware of.
    The sad part if even representatives at Tata dealers do not rate Fiat cars highly in terms of resale value.
    This is where Fiat India needs to step in and take things in their own hands. In my opinion rather than Brand stores in select cities, Fiat India should opt for a separate network of dedicated dealers and service stations. Brand Fiat will get more respect.
  4. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Agree with Prashant 100%.

Resale value of FIAT vehicles along with service & spares issues are the biggest problems in India.
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Fiat should start own "True value outlets"

As per my experience-
    Cunning Tata people do very low valuation of fiat cars
    But at the time of selling exchanged fiat cars, they sell fiat car at higher rate

Maruti guys earn low margin while selling old cars.
    That,s why people go for Maruti because they know that they will get good resale value.
    2 people like this.
  6. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @ bhai

Finally ur post makes some sense :) I second you on that.
  7. asif

asif

Trivandrum
    just finished watching Overdrive show on CNBC,they talked about almost all major car makers except Fiat.
  8. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    Even if Fiat opens 10 authorised Fiat showrooms in major cities of india initially , it can give much required confidence to customers and fait that Fiat is goin to stay here and serious about business . Going to pune will have no effect , its not a college strike . The management of fiat knows everything , but y not doing anything is strange.
  9. anantashu

anantashu Timido

Bangalore
    Is FIAT serious

Few Things.

1. I dont see push from FIAT on sales.
    2. Even complaining to the FIAT call center, they hardly take any action.
    3. No improvement observed on interiors.
    4. No promotions on ASS.

It all starts from promotion.It time FIAT should know how market behaves.
  10. santosh

santosh

Mumbai
    Fiat India is not interested in telling users why their cars are better. For example they never mention solid build quality which can save life if there is an accident. My suggestion is that they should create nice videos (commercial) of user experiences. They can rope in fiatian from team Fiat India group. They should have commercial which depicts safety features, ride quality, engine quality etc. Mr. Rajeev Kapoor CEO of Fiat India should focus on brand building, in placing of selling engines to TATA and Maruti etc.