1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI'ans please check this out. "Can 'WE' change the current scenario of FIAT India?"

Discussion in 'Fiat Global News' started by Avinash, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

That's just what forums have reported - in reality, it is just the no. of units pushed off from Ranjangaon. Sales are much more - the dealer inventory has been pouring out. The real sales figures are not that bad at all...
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  2. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Isnt it the number of units pushed off from factory corresponds with the sales. What do the dealers do? Pile the stock? i do not think so.
  3. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

Most dealers of most brands cars/stock sitting in their yards. What I was told told by a top guy at Prerana Motors was that the 600 odd figure was only for cars dispatched from the factory. Somehow Hyundai sales figures for the i10 don't follow the same mantra.
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    All the sales reported are only from manufacturers to dealers and not the retail sales and this includes Hyundai.
  5. Does this mean that if I/ a customer get a april manufactured car in October , it is counted in April month car sales figures since it was manufactured in April?

Ajit
  6. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Nope. Cars does not move out of factory in the same month of manufacture. As in your case itself, June Manufactured car was rolled out of factory in November only.

@arkin - Sales figures are reported out of show room only. No dealer can afford to stock the cars in the yard at least FIAT. The reason being, cars are released from factory only after payment is released. If the car sits in the yard or if it does not sell, it is capital and interest loss for the dealer which they will not take.
  7. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Guys,

Like a broken record - at the cost of repeatation - I have to say that there is no point in saying that Sales reported is Manufacturer to Dealers is lower and the "real" sales to customers is higher. Why does it not make any difference ? We are comparing the sales for last 6-8 months - all being Manufacturer to dealers. Over a such a period it evens out. Yes, if you take previous month sales as dealer to customer and next month sales as manufacturer to dealer, then it makes a difference. When you take month after month sales as manufacturer to dealer, the trend is similar to actual sales.

Also, if you're saying that dealers are flushing out the inventory & Fiat's sales to dealer (which is reported) is low due to very high inventory, since when did Fiat start to build inventory? i.e. Which month did Fiat sell 5000 cars to dealers to pile up the inventory? Fiat's last 12 months sales figures (Fiat to dealer) have been dropping - from 2000 to 1500 to 1000 to 622 now. So where did this inventory stock (to dealer) come in from ? !!
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  8. Amogh,
    you are right, I myself did forward our sales discussion thread to Rajeev Kapoor.
    -Sat
  9. Ashpalio

Ashpalio Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Team,

The idea of speaking to the officials is not new. It has been tried many a times in the past decade or so. I am saying this knowing the attempts done when PUG was prominent. It has worked in taking small steps and for a short period of time. Has it helped? Yes/No. Yes to the existing customers at that time, No it has not given the boost to Fiat in terms of sales/confidence/ being in the wish list of the car shoppers.

Now that is the history we need to and get our hearts and mind to look beyond and create out of the box ideas. Many of us here have the experience in creating project proposals, analytics, sales, marketing - print media/ TV comm. / online.

We all have to pool our ideas and create Business Plans which have varied focus/goals. Why varied? Everything cannot be executed at once; this can only be a success if it’s a step by step effect. This will give the Company a sense of Direction depending on the response got from each step taken.

We can even offer our experience in executing the plan if the Management is interested and we have Volunteers among us who are ready to dive in.

It is neither going to be easy nor cheap as Fiat as a Brand exists in Indian minds with both positive and negative recollection.

It's like running the Fiat Company Virtually where We are the Responsible officials and we have set targets and goals to achieve. This should help get the best ideas and solutions.

Let’s Run a Parallel Fiat India Company.

Of course the remuneration includes
    1. Bringing excitement in our life different from the daily routine.
    2. Following our Passion.
    3. Saving our investments. (serious)
    4. Our responsibility to give back to Fiat when it needs the most support.

Jetting on 1.3 FVT
    Ashish Jadhav
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  10. suresh

suresh Novizio

Bangalore
    Here goes. Kick Rajeev kapoor out. Let one of team fiat moderators takeover. Before that, open fiat only service stations in top 10 cities where fiat has sold the most. Stop selling fiat engines to Tata, and suzuki.

That should do it for sure.

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

Hey guys. I come back to this site after 6 months to find out if fiat is giving year end discounts, so that I could get rid of my 6 month old Swift and buy my Punto Emotion. But this thread is discouraging.