1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI'ans please check this out. "Can 'WE' change the current scenario of FIAT India?"

Discussion in 'Fiat Global News' started by Avinash, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    this kind of move is much required. i think moderators shud be more active here and try to fix this meeting with Fiat officials. its very disheartening to see Fiat being suffocated in this manner.
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  2. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Definitely!!! Am waiting for the response from moderators and adminstrators...
  3. nikonsun

nikonsun

It's definitely an good initiative. I'm really shocked to see none from FIAT (marketing or R&D) watching/monitoring these kind of auto forums for the feed backs. This is shame on FIAT such a big company not doing their part. Even smaller companies now a days have some dedicated person watching out the forums where they get real feed backs from customers directly. In fact they should have a rep registered in these forums like team bhp, team fiat... and answer/reply/support to increase the confidence on them.
  4. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think it is a bit incorrect to say and assume that Fiat bosses know nothing about the current situation and plan to do nothing about it. Yes, I do agree that their response time is not the best and on most occassions the action plans are "reactive" and not "proactive". But, as things stand currently, Fiat is bound by its contractual obligations to Tata. Make no mistake about it - it is going to be a very detailed agreement with plenty of clauses, sub-clauses and legal terms. Besides, it being a cross-border agreement there are bound to be some very strict non-compete terms and implied commercial penalties. By now it is obvious (or at least it seems like it) that the contract is heavily in favour of Tata's and not Fiat. It is not going to be easy to terminate such contract or make any ammendments to it. On top of it, the JV is 50:50 partnership. Those of you who know a bit about company law will know that it is extremely difficult to take a decision since no party has a clear majority. I am sure the JV has a board which has equal representation from Tata & Fiat and that the board members are at loggerheads about the current situation. Having said all this, the following issues make the matters worse:
    1. Tata sales itself are slowing down. Their service standards are also hitting new lows. They are busy solving their own problems. Therefore the obvious "step motherly" treatment to Fiat.
    2. The prevailing economic situation and interest rates are making borrowing and additional capex investment extremely difficult.
    3. We want Fiat to bring in new cars / models / engines. But from what we have seen so far, it seems that Fiat is contractually bound to pass on the same technology to Tata. Again there is a roadblock.
    4. Independent service centres are the way to go. Again, opening a service centre in the heart of the city where property rates are sky high won't be very attractive.
    5. Independent sales (Boutique stores) is a good idea; however question mark over service still remains. I won't buy a car if I don't get service.

The best way forward for Fiat according to me is tying up with private garages, training them and sort the messed up spare parts delivery supply chain. There are plenty of technical competent mechanics in almost all major cities of India.

Now coming to the point of "WE" going to Fiat and telling them all this. It is not a bad idea but there is no point walking to their office or asking for a meeting. What we can do instead is maybe prepare a presentation or a document and send it across to them.

I welcome your suggestions.

Thanks,

Amogh
    1 person likes this.
  5. + 1

Each and every city, you can find private garage for Fiat Car, other than Tata, generally Ex-Fiat persons. They are doing well, but spares availability limited to Tata ASS, thus they are sourcing imported or non OEM parts form Mumbai, and charging high, Except few cities Tata don't have good service eng. team. Even one of the Employee of Tata Motors dealer, telling me that Fiat is good product if you catch the good machanic. In our service center, no body expert in Fiat. I am planning to give 2nd service to another dealer and let you know.

If spare availability will be transparent like the maruti, they can do it well.

Tata supporting well by purchasing complete MJD from Fiat by giving more profit that Maruti.
  6. Chethan

Chethan

Bangalore
    Hi Avinash, that is a goog idea... some or the other way we need to meet them or inform them that there quite a good number of fiat followers / lovers who are expecting more from FIAT india.

Also, i think we can do a group drive of fiat cars and get covered through some news reporter.....probably that way we can share our individual experiences on fiat car with the reporter..

what do you all say??

By the way, i have mailed many times to get the team fiat stickers, but sadly no responses yet......
  7. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    When it comes to dealing with corporate field they do not come up with diplomatic solutions but diplomatic answers.!!!

Which is no way will help .

When it comes to "spare part availability" issue it is not only fiat but other western origin brands like skoda,chevrolet and volkswagen also has similar attitude.
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I wonder if in any way we can contact Sergio Marchionne.....His email address or through some similar channel.

I realized he have a bad rep in auto industry but we have nothing to loose either giving a try..!!
  9. Pilot_On_Wheels

Pilot_On_Wheels

Pune
    Great initiative. I believe we already appreciate FIAT by being an owner of one :). Its just about taking few more to show our patronage.

@Amol: Still no news of ECO Drive on Indian Puntos. I do agree about the JV for 50:50 between Tata and FIAT, however still not sure does it also restrict them from promoting the features of Punto. This would be common feeling to most of the TFIans...people getting into your car and they just go Ga ga after some Kms appreciating the ride and features of your car. They really feel great (and may be lucky at times ;)) if they get in the driver seat.

It seems FIAT is relying on this type of publicity than any other ads... I still believe to be part of the masses (we Indians) something need to change within their constarined JV.

Thanks,
    Amogh

PS: Will be doing a Pune - Lucknow journey soon. Will keep all posted. This is just a curtain raiser :)
  10. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    We cannot wake up someone pretending to be asleep.