1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI visits FIAT Factory : Report & member pics

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by amogh, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Both TFI factory meets were open for "all TFI members" without asking for anything in return. So the case of being "restricted to some" does not apply. The response during second meet was so huge (member count of forum during first visit was 800 and during second visit was 6000 so it was quite a task to hold this meet) that we were sort of caught all of a sudden and certain guidelines had to be applied so that more number of TFI members can see the factory.

Now we are almost a 9000 member community. So the challenge is even bigger.
    5 people like this.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Yashik,
    Its no brainer that every Fiat owner would want to visit the factory atleast once in their life time. The logistics is going to be a major headache agreed. Can it then broken down to maybe 3 visits say once a quarter. This way the handling of cars wouldnt be an issue considering that not more than 70-80% would actually agree to visit in the first place. I know this must have already thought of, just re-iterating the same.

The statistics can be drawn once Fiat factory agrees to accomodate that many cars in a single day.
    2 people like this.
  3. chakiirfan

chakiirfan Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Now the next time when is the visit i want the fiat stickers on my front door... :)

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This may not be feasible for Fiat. To my knowledge, Fiat prefers the meet in the month of December where the production is low as it is towards the end of year.
    1 person likes this.
  5. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Irfan bhai, even I would love to attend the factory meet. Best thing about it is that members from all over India come there and it would be awesome to meet everyone in person.

Factory visit can only be held in December when production is almost zero. It is safe for visitors especially children as well as production work is not hampered.

Also, there is a maximum limit of number of visitors that Fiat can handle at their premises. In 2012, we wanted to work out something so that as many Fiat owners cum TFI members can see the factory. In this process one can not make everybody happy. This makes it very hard to organize especially at such short intervals.
    1 person likes this.
  6. chakiirfan

chakiirfan Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Paddleshifter waiting for next factory visit whenever that happens and inshallah will try to be part of it... But it would be a huge task to incorporate all Fiatians....

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  7. @PaddleShifter Waiting for next factory visit........

If organizing is the only problem. In Dec month itself why can't we have two or three visits. So there by as already stated the amount in a single meet is less and it is easy for FIAT as well right.
    1 person likes this.
  8. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You are right Sree but see it this way as well.

Someone agrees to host a party for us. All necessary arrangements are made at their premises for us. Is it comfortable asking the host to host it over 2-3 days for us? I hope you understand what I mean. :)

Anyways, I am discussing all this just from a member's point of view since I have not contributed towards arranging/organising the 2 factory meets in the past. Amogh and Sandy (Grandeur) did everything for us in these 2 meets.
  9. @PaddleShifter - I get your point. That is just a thought process, if propagated back to host and if luck works out we can arrange them right.
    1 person likes this.
  10. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Do we have a factory visit this year.

Eagerly waiting to do this if I get a chance?

Any updates is appreciated.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.